fuse blowing

I thought it might be related to a recent alternator problem I had....
when I turn on my lights my radio resets and my acc fuse (park lights and dash lights) blows, it had a 10 in it so I put a 15 blew it right away, then I got curious and put in a 20 blew it again. I know I have a issue somewhere I just don't know how to trace it down, any suggestions
I would like to put in a new wiring harness if I come across one

86 4runner
efi
delco alt.
jvc radio, amp,

if it is the radio how/ where would I start looking (aside from unhooking the amp I did that already)

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I would start by disconnecting the radio completely and check to see if the fuse keeps on blowing. If it does blow disconnect anthing else on the acc fused line. Since it blows when the lights are on look for shorts on the park light and dash circuits.

I turned off the radio and all is working fine...I have the radio wired to manufacturer lines, can I move the radio connection or maybe see if there is a short somewhere else?

I was driving at night last night and had the radio still disconnected and that fuse blew again..I don't drive much at night currently but this is annoying
I don't do much wiring work but can fumble along ok where would I look for the dash circuits so I can start this wild goose chase?

(you know it will be one)

4554x4

always modifing something
fuses

some cars have the tail lights running from that fuse also. If so check in the rear for shoddy wiring for trailer lights.

thanks for the tip on the trailer wireing, it had been rubbing on the frame and finally started grounding out there.

Thanks for all the help