Garage Heaters??

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Need some advice about garage heaters. I have a small....very small 2 garage and its way to cold to be working in it with out being wrapped up like a eskimo.

What type of heaters are you guys running? I thought about getting a smaller propane setup that uses a heat dish instead of the loud jet engine type. Any help would be nice.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
........ I thought about getting a smaller propane setup that uses a heat dish instead of the loud jet engine type. Any help would be nice.

I bought one of those a couple years ago. Works pretty good. My garage door isn't insulated so I have to run it the whole time I'm in the garage. I just use my propane cannister from my BBQ.

forotacobra

5.0 INJECTED TOY
i know where there is some infared heaters that are like 2' by 3' and run on natural gas right now . if you are interested in something like that i can find out more about them.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Mine's a hanging natural gas forced air unit........ :D

I've tried a few kinds, but that's really the only way to go. But, if you're not insulated including your walls, ceiling, and doors, I'd just get an elcheapo for now and get the other things taken care of first.

I've done all that to mine. Before that time, I ran a 40K btu heater almost constantly to keep warm. I insulated, then installed a 200K gas heater. WAY too big.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I'm looking more for a small portalbe heter that will only be used when I;m in the garage for a few hours or an afternoon at a time. I'll go more towards a perminent and more elaborate system when I get a bigger garage.

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
I'm running a Modine 150K btu gas fired furnace in my garage (3 car). It goes from 40 to 70 degrees in a couple of minutes. It's overkill, but it was free. :greg:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm looking more for a small portalbe heter that will only be used when I;m in the garage for a few hours or an afternoon at a time. I'll go more towards a perminent and more elaborate system when I get a bigger garage.

I have one of these, bought it at Cal Ranch for about $100 and it runs on propane-

MH80CVwhite.jpg

http://www.mrheater.com/productdetails_extended.asp?catid=45&id=25

It's great for what you're talking about, I needed the same thing.

mighty midjet

I use a wood burning fire place that is piped out the window. it's made out of an old oil drum. in the summer we put it out back on the patio

I found a small on that you hang. I have it hocked up to the lights so when I am out there it comes on. Not the greatest but it was like 30-40 bucks I think. I worked on my jeep this weekend and I did not wear long sleeves so it does okay. Got it at home depot.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I would love to track down a safe and efficient waste oil heater...we all have lots of oil laying around and it would be nice to put it to good use!

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I have two different oil heaters at work. Since I go through roughly 1000 gallons of motor oil a month, you can see the need.

The garages are roughly 80' x 120'. The thermostats are set at 65 24/7. On the coldest winter days, they'll consume 40 to 50 gallons of oil so I'm sure they're a bit larger than what you're looking for.

One brand name I remember off hand is Clean Burn. You might try an internet search for them, and see if they offer smaller units.