Gaylons Drivelines

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I would like to use a vendor from RME, but I had a bad first impression from Tom Woods.

After meeting Tom and talking to him about his business I would take any question or problem back to Tom in a heart beat. I have no doubt he would stop his day to take time with any of his customers to talk them through any issue they had. He has the tools and ability to test his products, he also knows that his products are bolted between two products that he can't control and he would spend hours to help troubleshoot those products as well to help isolate and solve the problem. The guy could write the book on customer service and keeping the end user happy.

It is also great to hear about Gaylons, there is no replacement for a quality product and customer service.

Chevycrew

After meeting Tom and talking to him about his business I would take any question or problem back to Tom in a heart beat. I have no doubt he would stop his day to take time with any of his customers to talk them through any issue they had. He has the tools and ability to test his products, he also knows that his products are bolted between two products that he can't control and he would spend hours to help troubleshoot those products as well to help isolate and solve the problem. The guy could write the book on customer service and keeping the end user happy.

It is also great to hear about Gaylons, there is no replacement for a quality product and customer service.

(Maybe I shouldnt have brought it up)

I agree wholeheartedly, I have spoke with Tom as well in the past.

Mine wasnt a big deal, just no one there had the time to answer any questions (In person). It seemed like they could care less about getting the business.

Tom was not there when I was, and I dont want this to steer anyone else away from a great business. It just rubbed me wrong.

I need to get my rear driveshaft retubed, so it might be worth giving Tom Woods another shot.
(Im lazy and would rather let this go and drive 10 minutes, than drive to the south end of the valley.)

Last edited:

Meat_

Banned
Alright I have to go beat the horses, kick my dog and accomplish a few things today... but I will regale you all with the story and some pictures later tonight

Meat_

Banned
Ok here's the story

This driveline story began on The Maze in Hurricane Utah where I managed to dent the one piece aluminum driveline on Bodine's '05 Cummins which was there to haul his TJ to and from Southern Utah so we didn't have to make the 4 hour trip in a TJ.
So you may be asking how did the Cummins end up on the trail then? Well U4 called and Bodine answered, the AYL gang was in need of a ride on the trail and they just wouldn't all fit in the TJ, and the 82 year old Bob Welti really couldn't be climbing into an '05 Cummins with a 7" lift on 37"s so we hit the trail with both of Bodine's rigs.

The thing about aluminum drivelines is that they are really strong until you dent them, after you dent them they are soon to twist in two like a piece of licorice much like this one tried to do when I had to get the 8,000lb truck up the face of a sand mountain :ugh:

We returned to the fair grounds and got a hold of Eric, he is a local and had lead our trail the day before. He started making phone calls and we finally found a stock two piece driveline like the one that was originally on Bodine's truck. This driveline belonged to Toxic Diesel, the owner graciously offered to let us use it to get home and said we could drop it off at the Toxic Diesel in Provo after we were done with it!

Bodine went and picked up the driveline and as soon as everyone cleared out after the dinner and raffle we pulled the truck into the building to change the driveline.... this was about 9:30pm. At 10:30pm it was concluded that the driveline we got had the wrong carrier bearing mount and we would be unable to use it. We decided to just leave that night in the TJ to retrieve Bodine's stock driveline which was sitting complete in his garage.

We left Hurricane Utah at 11:47pm on Saturday night, we drove straight through to Bodine's house arriving at 6am Sunday morning. Turns out his driveline is identical to the one we got from Toxic.

Here's where John at Gaylon's comes in, I knew that he would have the stock one piece aluminum driveline (they are stock on '06+ mega cabs and 4door longbeds) that we needed, and I was pretty sure he would have the mounting piece that must be missing from the two piece driveline. I didn't feel right about waking him up at 6am on a Sunday so we wasted some time until 8am, at which time I called him and explained our problem... he said that's not a big deal, lets run down to the shop and I'll fix you up!

Sure enough, 8am on a Sunday morning he handed us a stock one piece aluminum driveline that had 30 miles on it from the factory AND the missing pieces to make the two piece work so that we would never have this problem again. When Bodine went to pay him, he said not to worry about it now, go get your truck home and come see me next week. :)

So we headed back to Hurricane in a borrowed Duramax with plenty of parts to fix my trail damage.

Gotta love chearful Sunday service!

Bodine

One Call That's All
Thanks Meat for posting the story My computer is dead and I have limited time on the work comp and I am not really supposed to be posting other than breaks and lunch thus all the lurking.:ugh:
This is why John is the man,I know there are other vendors on here and I surely support them and will continue to do so in the future however for a guy that owns a shop to put his personal time aside on a Sunday morning to help someone in need is outstanding in my book and I am not saying the others wouldn't I'm just saying John did.

Hows the Job search coming Tacoma?:)

Talon

A few years ago I burned up the front axles on my Truck at the time John did the job 2 weeks sooner and for less then half the price of the closest competitor I could find. And he was not above explaining what I had done to break my truck.

Bottom line he gets my business.