Get ready for Spring!

Caleb

What bike are you trying to adjust the valves one?
610 Husky. I think my problem was that I must not have been at TDC. Also, the specs are a little iffy on them. The manual says to set them at 0.002, no +/-. But others say they aren't sure, cause the manual also says something about valve play to .012. The only explanation I've gotten from others is that something is being lost in the translation from Italian to English (the manual is in Italian as well). Then to top it off, getting to the valves is a PITA. Even once you have the tank, radiators, overflow tank, and carb off, it's still tough to get the feeler gauge in to the valves.

I also had my bike on a car hydraulic floor jack so I could spin the rear wheel to try and find TDC. Needless to say, it wasn't very stable and kept about tipping over, so when I though I was close, I just went for it. I should have been more patient, gotten one of my brothers over there to help, and double check to make sure I was at TDC.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I have a bit of prep work planned out :D I am really looking forward to riding this year. There is a TON of riding up here (No. Utah So. Idaho) and if any of you are interested in it hit me up! I would be happy to show you around.

As you probably know I just picked up the new ATK/XR and I am already in love with it. It is actually my first big bore four stroke, and I really like the old school thumper style power curve. The ATk part of the bike really complements the Honda motor and I think it will work excellent in the technical woods riding that I enjoy.

Here is my list of work that needs to be done to my bikes:

The ATK 260LQ needs a:

New tire for the rear. Like stated above the Maxxis IT's are where its at so I'll replace mine with another.

Rebuild kit for the front Brembo master cylinder. These are $50 for two small o-ring/seals :eek:

Air filter service.

Fresh gear lube.

The ATK/XR 600 needs:

A new air filter

An oil change with filter

A new rear tire. Probably order two IT's.

New rear wheel bearings

I REALLY want to make this one streetable, but I don't even know where to begin yet so that is on the list.

The CR500 needs:

A front master cylinder rebuild kit. These are $50 for two... :rolleyes: Ughh. Nevermind :rofl:

I plan to mount up another paddle tire soon--it eats these like candy!

Other than that I should be good to go. I would really like to get a steering damper on the 600 and a trail tech too, but for now that's on the wish list.

Corban_White

This is what you will need to make any dirt bike street legal in Utah:

utah safety inspection manual said:
A. Two Wheel Dirt Bikes
[FONT=Arial,Arial]1. Two wheel dirt bikes may be inspected provided that they have been modified to be street legal. They shall be equipped with the following items, which shall comply with the regulations of the department (UCA 41-6a-1506). [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]a. One head lamp which, when factory equipped with an automatic lighting ignition system, shall not be disconnected. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]b. One tail lamp. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]c. Either a tail lamp or a separate lamp which shall be so constructed and placed as to illuminate with a white light the rear registration plate. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]d. One red reflector on the rear, either as part of the tail lamp or separately. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]e. One stop lamp. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]f. A braking system, other than a parking brake, as provided in UCA 41-6a-1623. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]g. A horn or warning device in accordance with UCA 41-6a-1625. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]h. A muffler and emission control system in accordance with UCA 41-6a-1626. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]i. A mirror in accordance with UCA 41-6a-1627. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]j. Tires must be highway approved in accordance with UCA 41-6a-1636. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]k. Non-metal gas tanks are acceptable. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]l. Working odometers, although not a safety inspection requirement, are nevertheless required on all vehicles in order to be registered in the state of Utah. (UCA 41-1a-901 Odometers required) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]m. Equipped with turn signals if manufactured after January 1, 1973 (49 CFR 571.108), (UCA 41-6a-1601(2)(a)). [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]a) [FONT=Arial,Arial]REJECT [/FONT]when: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial]

1) Any of the above requirements are not met.

[/FONT]

Hunt

A couple of weekends ago I got my black ho out (so named because pretty much every time I ride her hard she screws me and cost me money). She was stored all winter and fired right up. The battery is good and all I really need to do is the regular preseason maintenance. Oh, and go over it tightening everything. A 37 year old Harley has a bad tendency of trying to rattle it’s self to pieces.

I bought it when I was 18 as a basket case. It was my first real full vehicle build up.

Attachments

• 0513081821.jpg
    0513081821.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 7