Get Your Daily Uroc Updates Here

Ryan

So I'm sittin' here with Greg and Chris, and we gots internet access. We'll post info, scores, and whatever every night when we get back(for all the losers sittin' home this weekend:p).

We WOULD have pics as well, but Greg didn't bring the right cord for the camera(okay, so he didn't know we had a laptop, we'll forgive him).

Not much worth reporting at tech inspection.

More tomorrow.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Hey everyone! (I think I need a laptop, this is awsome!) We saw Walker Evans fully Independent Rig today @ Tech Inspection...... Talk about BADASS!!

Tomorow is going to be insane..... I think the course is going to be in the same location as Supercrawl. Not sure though.

There's a handful of new rigs... alot of crazy ideas, too. Anyway, I'm off. More tomorow!

G'night!

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Yeah, Walker's rig is pretty bad!! Lots of nice rigs down here today. I heard there was about 70-75 rigs signed up. Yes, the event is in the same location as supercrawl, but not all the obstacles were used for supercrawl.

Should be a lot of fun. I did end up with an assistant judge position!

Unfortunately, It looks like I won't be gettin a lot of photos, since I'll have to be watching the rigs through the course.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hey Greg, How come your Avatar says you're "Hard at work" but you ain't enen in the same state as your rig? hmmmmm??!! :D ;)

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Yeah, Carl and Vonski made it. As far as I know, I'll see them at my obstacle tomorrow. I heard some announcing later today that made it sound like they were still up and running.

1/4 elliptic is doing pretty well. He did my obstacle today. About 3 feet from the exit, he flopped it, and they weren't able to right it. Bummer, ended up timing out after a solid run.

Had a number of great runs on obstacle 7 today (the one I am working). Had a couple of flops and a really nice rollover of an unlimited vehicle trying the UROC line (this is to the unlimited class what the unlimited line is to the legends class). the unlimiteds can run the UROC line and earn a -10 points.

Chris (EB) had a good run on the unlimited line. Most Legends ran the unlimited line today. A high number of Unlimiteds ran the UROC line.

Great fun. I got hammered by the sun though, should have broken out the sunscreen early.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I got a few pics yesterday at tech, but being an assitant judge, I haven't even had an opportunity to get my camera out.

the photos I took are on my 35mm, so I won't have them back for a while.

I would think that Greg would have gotten some. Maybe one of Carl's or Von's friends.

Oh, yeah, Braden (rockmonkey) had a good run on the unlimited line today as well.

Ryan

No pics(as stated above:( ), but we've got some scores.

Legend Class

1-Chris Holley/Ryan Lindstrom(that's us:D ) -16
2-Matt Sisson -13
3-Amy Bulloch -12
4-Mike Bailey -4
5-Braden Kemp("rockmonkey") 1
6-Dean Bulloch 3
7-Jeff Rector 17
8-Rick Beard 19
9-Jerry Blanks 29
10-Brandon Dawson 31
22-Tracy Evans("1/4 elliptic toy") 86
24-Creighton King("creighton") 87

Unlimited Class

1-Jason Paule -25
2-Curt Hildebrand -22
3-Jon Bundrant -7
4-John Gilleland -6
5-Brett Epperley 1
6-Ron Christensen 11
7-Neil Lillard 14
8-Peter Wells 19
9-Ken Blume 25
10-Tracy Jordan 27
11-Mike Shaffer 29
13-Curtis McNeil 33
15-Brandon Gillen 49
19-Carl Whitmore/Von Werrett("I lean" and "Vonski") 64
21 Walker Evans 67
34-Matt Wooley 129
41-Bart Jacobs 172

The competition is FIERCE. Lots of Legend guys taking the Unlimited lines, and lots of Unlimited guys taking the new "UROC" lines. Weather was nice. The Pateys put up $500 for the winner of a "Freestye Competition". Curtis McNiel, Brandon("sukaB"), Neil Lillard, and one other Legend guy all volunteered. They got 2 minutes to do whatever they wanted, no rules. Curtis drove a crazy vertical line, backed down the same line, backed up another crazy line, and rolled twice all the way to the bottom. Suka sat in the bottom and sprayed all the spectators with dirt and rocks for 2 minutes. Can you guess who won?:p Just giving you crap B, although I would have been PISSED if I was down in the bottom during all of that. :eek:

Anyway, that's the scoop from day 1. I'll be on for a little bit, so if anybody wants to know anything, POST UP.:cool:

Greg

Admin
Wow..... what a CRAZY day! The competition is very close and the people in the top positions are having to do some real tricky thinking to get ahead. The whole negative points bonuses are making all the diffrence.... Spotter Rides, Legends drivers taking Unlimited Lines, etc.

The Pateys have been doing alot of work, too. UROC is way ahead of the other comps!

Anyway, no pics till we get home! Sorry! Have a good weekend! :p

Andy

aka. Hollywood
:withdrawl shakes: Wish I was there, sounds like a good time :withdrawl shakes: I NEED A FIX!!! Spence, we are going to Cedar City UROC, and not to watch.:D :cool:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Andy
:withdrawl shakes: Wish I was there, sounds like a good time :withdrawl shakes: I NEED A FIX!!! Spence, we are going to Cedar City UROC, and not to watch.:D :cool:

we just need to get your ass behind the wheel of something....anything!!!

Ryan

The final scores aren't posted here at the hotel yet, but the award deal is in an hour or so, so we'll post 'em when we get back.

Amy Bulloch won the Legend class, I'm pretty sure the Sissons ended up 2nd(by one frickin' point:mad: ), and 3rd should be us, although I'm not positive. Dean Bulloch hit 2 cones on the last obstacle, so he's probably down the list a bit. I'm not sure where any body else ended up.

There's a tie for first in Unlimited between Jon Bundrant(goofy VW thing), and Jason Paulie. Bundrants spotter stepped on a cone on the last obstacle(and he KNEW he did), which would put him down 10 points to Paulie, but it's all up in the air right now. I guess we'll find out at the awards deal. I'm not sure how the rest of it ended up. Curtis McNeil went over twice on the 'Money Pit'(the sponsors ponied up $2000 for the guy that could drive it with the least amount of points, and only 2 or 3 guys actually drove it). The second roll was HARD, straight over backwards.

I do have to say that you're an idiot to miss these events;). If you haven't been to an event lately, UROC is definitely the place to be--for drivers AND spectators. They put up a few extra bucks here and there to intice competitors to put on a good show, and the competitors haven't disappointed so far. Don't miss Cedar City(the next one).

Anyway, the awards thing is in 15 minutes, so we'll be back with some scores in 2 hours or so.

Greg

Admin
Okay, we're back.

We didn't end up 3rd like we had hoped, but 4th instead. We're stoked with 4th though, especially with the competition this weekend. It was STIFF. There's a lot of Unlimited guys dropping down into the Legend class.

Legend Class

1-Amy Bulloch -47
2-Mike Bailey -32
3-Matt Sisson -27
4-Chris Holley/Ryan Lindstrom(us) -26
5-Braden Kemp -8
6-Dean Bulloch -2
7-Jeff Rector 15
8-Brandon Dawson 16
9-Bob Standage 49
10-Ted Grady 52
19-Tracy Evans 136
22-Creighton King 154

Unlimited Class

1-Jon Bundrant -40
2-Jason Paulie -40
3-John Gilleland -14
4-Tracy Jordan 0
5-Mike Shaffer 16
6-Matt Peterson 26
7-Curt Hildebrand 29
8-Brett Epperley 29
9-Ken Blume 50
10-Ron Christensen 50
12-Carl Whitmore/Von Werrett 58
14-Brandon Gillen 82
19-Curtis McNeil 108
21-Jennifer Little 131
31-Walker Evans 198
38-Matt Wooley 349
42-Bart Jacobs 470

Trailhawg

Any one know where all the scores are? we had 114 points and went for the UROC line on 6 for our last run but ended up with a 40:rolleyes: so 154 it was I would like to know where we ended up for sure.

Ken