Get Your Daily Uroc Updates Here

Trailhawg

Thanks We self destructed on saturday with a
5/23/14/14/40 ohwell maybe in CC:cool: but 24th is a hell of a lot better then the 55th in SG:D

Last edited:

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
Hey Great Job down there you guys!!! It was my second event and wow did I have a great time!!!! Hey how about that new announcer???!!! LOL

Caleb

Originally posted by TheBigSgt
Hey how about that new announcer???!!!

I think he had a big mouth:D:D:D

J/K I think you did great...it was nice having an announcer that would get the crowd into it...:p

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
Originally posted by spencurai
anything but that pencil necked geek that was in St george!! I hated that little punk.

Here here spence. I didn't like him also. If you are goin to announce at event then at least do some research about what you will be talking about. They should have had someone more familiar with the sport. The music was nice though. Good old rock to wheel too. Gets you more into it.

So what is next?? Cedar city or vernal?? When?? Might have to check the next one out. St George was too fun.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by spencurai
anything but that pencil necked geek that was in St george!! I hated that little punk.
Um, the "pencil necked geek" was there in Farmington too. He was Sarge's wingman. I enjoyed yer commentary Sarge, and the music seemed to be at a tolerable level this time.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by SmokinCamel

Here here spence. I didn't like him also. If you are goin to announce at event then at least do some research about what you will be talking about. They should have had someone more familiar with the sport. The music was nice though. Good old rock to wheel too. Gets you more into it.

So what is next?? Cedar city or vernal?? When?? Might have to check the next one out. St George was too fun.
The music was okay unless you were a driver and couldn't hear your spotter tell you where to go...
Cedar City is next, May 15thish

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Just some teaser Pics-

Walkers Fully Independant S-10 w/ 40" MT/R's (31st Place!! Ouch!)

Attachments

• walker.ifs.jpg
    walker.ifs.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 52

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by Greg
Neil Lillard's Rig w/ about 20" of adjustable WB-
Was he adjusting the wheelbase throughout the competition? I was under the impression that UROC rules prohibited the use of an adjustable wheelbase...

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by RockMonkey

Was he adjusting the wheelbase throughout the competition? I was under the impression that UROC rules prohibited the use of an adjustable wheelbase...

I can't say for sure or not. It was Manually Adjustable, he had to loosen 2 bolts, drive forward in 'Front Only' to pull the Splines out and lenghten it. I do think that everytime I saw it, it was fully extended.

It's a brilliant idea.....

Here's a better shot of the setup-

Attachments

• ext.wheelbase.lillard.jpg
    ext.wheelbase.lillard.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 65
Just some teaser Pics-

cool rig but didn't seem to work.......it seemed to be way underpowered......and the way the wheels track straight up and down a lot of times he had only very little sidewall contact....I bet he doesn't finish the season out with it......at least the way it's set up now

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
Oh believe me, I've learned alot this weekend and so I WILL be more up to date on the rules. One 5 minute mistake and and I trashed what can I say. Sorry if your a driver and you can't hear that well over us. We are working on that. more speakers in different places. I had a great flipping time, also help me learn more about the sport and give me more ideas on what I can do up there. If you think it was easy for this old man to climb those rocks and give comitary from up top, and then have them call you and say someone was going to do the money pit, ouch! Anyway,

All you guys who competed where awsome and I'm VERY PROUD to get to work with such a fine group of people. I hope Craig Brings me back for Cedar!!!!

The Dodge got 18 going down and 20 coming back.

Hey Knife, how come you make me through people out! LOL

cyberduke

Hairy Bagel
Originally posted by brian
...and the way the wheels track straight up and down a lot of times he had only very little sidewall contact...

One of the offroad rags had an article of new hot tech that was going to be taking off for extreme rock crawling. And one of those was IFS and IRS. Long travel of corse. Personally, I don't get it. You can just look at a solid axle and see it's going to articulate more and grab better than an independant suspension.

Earl

Caleb

Originally posted by RockMonkey

Yes he did change it...I know he stretched it a little more when he got to my obstacle...we talked about the adjustable wheelbase in or judges meeting and after reviewing the rules decided there is nothing against the adjustable wheelbase in the unlimited class so he could use it as he wishes...at first I thought it was hydraulically adjusted but when he pulled up to our obstacle he did what Greg said...he had to do it manually...

Caleb

Just some teaser Pics-

when they finally made it to the top of my obstacle his spotter was talking about how heavy the new rig was...I think the 40s are too big for competition...IMHO

Curt H was saying he wasn;t real impressed with the 39.5 Krawlers with such a light rig...he said they are like a huge balloon...

Caleb

Originally posted by TheBigSgt

The Dodge got 18 going down and 20 coming back.

Hey Knife, how come you make me through people out! LOL

I got 37.5 mpg for the whole trip:D:D:D Of course it was in the wife's Jetta:p

Our friend who you had to remove was sitting in front of Dennys begging for money just before the meeting...for some reason I knew he would find his way over to the hotel once he saw all the people coming in...thanks for takin care of him:p

B needs a new title now..."The Knife" :D:D:D