Glacier National Park

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
I took this in Glacier National Park last week.. I found something very very cool in this image. The waves created a face in the bottom of the shot, on the cloud reflection. I did not even see this until someone on google+ noticed it!

Do you see the "Lady of the lake?"

MG7655-X3.jpg

DAA

It doesn't look like a monkey skull to me, more like Sinead O'Conner or a dude with a shaved head (wait a minute, Sinead O'Conner is a dude with a shaved head...). Up and right a bit from the Lady - if I'm looing at the same thing as they are.

- DAA

ret32

Awesome pic! Glacier is one of my favorite places in this world, try to go at least every other year.
That must be Lake Mcdonald? I swam there! It was... refreshing.
Yikes! I've had my big toe in Lake McDonald several times, but that's about all I could stand. It's gotta be the coldest water in the lower 48.

Caleb

It's gotta be the coldest water in the lower 48.

Actually, I'm willing to bet that record is in your own backyard. The GSL gets well below freezing without freezing due to the salt content. Take a dip in that in the middle of a harsh winter :p Fresh water may be a different story.

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Actually, I'm willing to bet that record is in your own backyard. The GSL gets well below freezing without freezing due to the salt content. Take a dip in that in the middle of a harsh winter :p Fresh water may be a different story.

;)

Caleb

It doesn't freeze over? .... Man I bet that makes for some incredible winter shots

Depends. It's actually kind of interesting. Salt water and fresh water mix about as well as oil and water. The fresh water pushes away from the salt water and when you get it wrapped up it creates an amazing amount of pressure. So, when you have a real bad snow storm, the fresh water from the snow will sometimes sit on top of the salt water and freeze, otherwise, I don't think I have ever seen the salt water freeze even when it was zero or below outside.