Going Propane

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
140 bucks for a steel tank:ugh: I paid 120 just a couple years ago for my new aluminum one. Steel ones were running 80 bucks. I never found a place for used. Just new. I got mine form a NG place on redwood road and about12-1500 north in slc.

STPPINZ

Thanks for the source Brad. I will check it out. I have found 10 gallon tanks on line for $180 so that price seem about right. The clear ones are awesom but for almost $300 not worth it. That would be cool to be able to see the propane. I am looking for 3 so I need to find a good price. I am planning on puting two in series and have one for spare.

Brad, Did you get the strap/mount and the same place? Do you remember the price on it? Just woundering if it is better than the $100 from teh one I found on ebay.

Brad J

140 bucks for a steel tank:ugh: I paid 120 just a couple years ago for my new aluminum one. Steel ones were running 80 bucks. I never found a place for used. Just new. I got mine form a NG place on redwood road and about12-1500 north in slc.

I figured there might be better deals but when you take in a bunch of parts in bad condition and they go through it all and help you know what your doing I don't feel so bad:) I think that you got your tank at Amerigas. I've installed some PC's for them.

Thanks for the source Brad. I will check it out. I have found 10 gallon tanks on line for $180 so that price seem about right. The clear ones are awesom but for almost $300 not worth it. That would be cool to be able to see the propane. I am looking for 3 so I need to find a good price. I am planning on puting two in series and have one for spare.

Brad, Did you get the strap/mount and the same place? Do you remember the price on it? Just woundering if it is better than the $100 from teh one I found on ebay.

I've never seen the clear ones. Hope they are not like the clear diff covers:rofl: I made the Frame and 1/8"x2" straps for mine to fit right in between the frame and receiver hitch. I also plan to do a remote fill so I don't have to drop the tank again for a while although it's pretty easy when its empty.

STPPINZ

Your mount looks great. Those fiberglass ones are found here -http://www.lpgastanks.com/propane-tanks/lc33

I just found a bunch of used tanks at Summit Propane downtown. Not sure the condition of them but they said they would sell them at $70 a pop. Im going to check them out later today.

harkinoff

something to do...
Hey Guys! When we going wheeling? Yep, still alive and the Scout still rolls for a little longer. Another busted tranny :( Leaks a little... Anyone have a 203 with a 400 attached? Time to ditch the little th350's

Brad J

Hey Guys! When we going wheeling? Yep, still alive and the Scout still rolls for a little longer. Another busted tranny :( Leaks a little... Anyone have a 203 with a 400 attached? Time to ditch the little th350's

Its good to have Mr. Propane back:bow:
Randy can you post a couple pics of your engine compartment w/ the mixer and vaporizor/regulator? I'm available to go wheeling Thanksgiving morning or Sat. the 24th:D

harkinoff

something to do...
Its good to have Mr. Propane back:bow:
Randy can you post a couple pics of your engine compartment w/ the mixer and vaporizor/regulator? I'm available to go wheeling Thanksgiving morning or Sat. the 24th:D

I could probably find a pic of the engine... I'll try and keep those days open. How bout you Shawn, we haven't wheeled in ages.

STPPINZ

Just went to Wasatch Propane on 2700 S and 200 W and they have used rebuilt Fork Lift tanks for $80-$90. They test them and put new brass on and paint them...They look pretty good. But looking around my tank plan changed. They have a tank that was out of a City Truck I think that it will fit in the back of the Pinz. It's 80 Gallons!! That will give me enough range....Its 4' long not sure the diameter but I think it will fit. It is big but I don't think it is to big...