Gonna need some Russians...

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
get about 4 or 5 of the huge propane burners that sit on top of the tank and point them at the ice, couple hours and I bet it would be melted enough to get out

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
honestly, if that were my problem, I'd get a large tarp to cover the vehicle and the surrounding area, some sort of space heater (propane, electric and generator, kerosene) and plane to camp out tending the fires for a couple days. Then call in a couple of good friends with recovery gear to come by 24-48 hours later.

Cooking a 20lb turkey at 500* for an hour does not work, this requires time and patience.

honestly, if that were my problem, I'd get a large tarp to cover the vehicle and the surrounding area, some sort of space heater (propane, electric and generator, kerosene) and plane to camp out tending the fires for a couple days. Then call in a couple of good friends with recovery gear to come by 24-48 hours later.

Cooking a 20lb turkey at 500* for an hour does not work, this requires time and patience.

I was thinking a few propane tanks and those big weed burner torches that ranchers use to clear the irrigation canals. I think a few hours with those would do the trick.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
If any of you have ever gone ice fishing you'd know that plenty of people have fires (some pretty large) without any issue. Granted, this guy isn't captured in multiple feet of ice but the heat would rise before it could affect the ice.

The other problem is, that's live spring underneath him. Every time they break through the ice, water wells up and the truck sinks deeper into the muck under the ice.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
By the time the ice melts in the spring, is there going to be a lot of water flowing through that truck? Why the crap is he driving in a spring in the first place?

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
An idea that might actually work is to use a large generator to power stock tank heaters. They are very efficient for melting ice and there is no excess heat going up into the vehicle, with possible fire danger. We keep 2 stock tanks open all winter here in temperatures that get to -30F. They are available at most ranch supply stores for about $30 to $40 each.