good, cheap sunglasses... do they exist?

chadschoon

I have had good luck with the 3m safety type sunglasses that you can get at home depot. 20-30 bucks and hold up great.

cf54b413.jpg

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I have to wear cheap sunglasses, because I lose them all the time. I get polarized safety lenses from hardware stores too.

Chevycrew

Mine are safety glasses as well. I dont remember the brand, but the model is nemesis. My work likes to protect our eyes so i always have them available.

Cascadia

Undecided
I know they're not cheap but I could get a group buy of Oakley, smith, or ryders if we could get enough interest. I've liked all 3 but ryders are the cheapest.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
superflexx.com

I have had about 5 pairs of these. I have yet to break any. super comfortable. I buy a new pair every year at EJS from the guy that sets up in front of the city market. $30-$35

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
You know what I'd like to find is a set of shades with interchangeable lenses and foam liners. I can find one or the other but not both.

kellerexpress

I buy mine from steepandcheap.com or whiskeymilitia.com. The deals change frequently so you have to check back alot but you can usually find nice name brand shades for pretty cheap

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
I have a pair bought at Walmart for $10 that have lasted 3 years and misplaced twice. Be sure and get the ones without rims on the bottom as the ones with rims break and the lens falls out.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I wear the Edge safety glass sunglasses. Found in most lumber stores. about 25 bucks and they last awhile. Tons of different styles to.

I dont think you will find anything better for cheaper

jentzschman

Costco had a nice pair that were 27 bucks. Polarized and anti glare. But we don't have them anymore as we are starting to get winter stuff in, and believe it or not, Christmas stuff! (just toys right now, but come September, it will be Christmas at Costco!)

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I don't think my cheap is the same other guys.. more than $10 is just ridiculous for me :)

Here is what I sport.. Straight from the Harbor Freight..
glasses.jpg

I think I get them on sale for $2.99 and keep a pair in each vehicle.
I don't have to care when they get dropped, broken, or dropped in the lake....And I think they are about as fashionable as it gets :ugh:

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I Am a fan of my oakleys so comfy to wear and they really are the most durable glasses I have ever owned I'm on my 2nd pair of oakleys and been wearing them for four years now