Good exhaust shop?

Lka1988

Some things to remember, guys... Unlike the Jeep 4.0L, my 3FE has two manifolds, one for the front 3 cylinders and 1 for the rear 3 cylinders. Two separate 1.5" downpipes lead to separate side-by-side cats, then to a y-pipe, into 2" pipe all the way back, and there are a LOT of bends on the way. The only straight piece of pipe in the system is the tailpipe behind the rear tire, and it's about a foot long or so.

Last edited:

RESCUETJ

pipes

yes, They are small, but bigger is not always better, that being said i haven't ever played with headpipes on a cruiser before so i don't know how it will react, I guess it could make a difference good or bad. whatever difference it will make, it will be a small amount. If it were mine i would spend the money elsewhere. that's my honest opinion. If you felt compelled to up-size, i would try to find some pre-made mandrel bent downpipes, the cost will probably be close to the same and it will flow better. when i bent tubing it shrinks the pipe in the bends, so if i build them in 2" through the bends it will be more like 1 3/4" so it would kind of defeat the purpose. As far as the lots of bends go, yes less is better but it really isn't going to make a difference. the best thing that you can do is go 2.5 tubing from the y-pipe with a good muffler (flowmaster,magnaflow) all the way out. that's where you'll notice the biggest gains. plus it will sound good!