got my BEEFY KAD d-shaft from RRO!!!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
i just picked up my super beefy shaft from RRO today. it was a couple bucks but well worth it since i am on my 8 or 9th broken or severely damaged u-joint on my rear shaft!!! this sucker had 6 inches of usable travel and is made of some heavy crap!! it probably weigh almost 30 lbs!!! anyway here is a pic , it has a ten spline slip yoke and these splines are huge for a samurai!!! the spline diameter is 2" and the whole shaft is almost the diameter of a spray paint can!!! big stuff with 1/2 ton u-joints!!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
and here are the splines!! they are beefy!!! sorry about the blur, i am still trying to figure out the different focus options on my digicam!!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
it looks to be about that size. considering i just have the stock samurai engine tranny and a 4.16:1 transfer case gearset it should be plenty stout!! gonna install it today!! im on my way to the shop right now!!:D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
the "cheesy" weld as you put so eloquently is where the internal splines......end. there is that much internal spline!

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
thats beefy all right. It just loked like I welded it with my arc. Here is my highangle driveline for my toy.Bad pic.

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Looks like the one Eric from Six States made me.

WRONG! Thats cool if you own a tractor, but last time I checked this was a 4 wheel drive board. Not tractors r' us. Hope your bearings are good, because they won't be after a while.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
bearings?? ok ok let me rephrase for clarity

in the 4x4 world it doesn't have to look good as long as it is mechanically sound!! certainly you understand the need for this since it appears that you are a competetion crawler. there is no reason to have a "pretty" rig in RCAA or UROC, because it just gets trashed anyway. sheetmetal needs to be disposible in these venues, hence the move towards full tube-buggies. why would you take your pride and joy and beat it to death knowing that you are going to have to throw it away as a result. I like my rig to be well built before well styled but for some having both is a high priority. :D

Last edited:

Andy

aka. Hollywood
I just hate to see you spend alot for some thing thats a cheap fix. The long travel drivelines we build at Six States are alot lighter and will last alot longer, not to mention easier on all surounding components. They are not cheap but worth it in my opinion. And I have also learned this from building my Bronco, so when it comes to getting good parts just get off your wallet.

lowe1974

mbryson's butcher
Hey Andy,
I am going to need some drive lines put together for my Scrambler. How much are you talking to build some. I have a NP205 transfercase that the front line needs to have a CV and the rear should just be fine with a U joint. I asume you work at six states? which one?
Dan

Parker

Originally posted by lowe1974
Hey Andy,
I am going to need some drive lines put together for my Scrambler. How much are you talking to build some. I have a NP205 transfercase that the front line needs to have a CV and the rear should just be fine with a U joint. I asume you work at six states? which one?
Dan

Give 'em a ring... 488-4677.

Brent

another nobody
andy, thats about enough out of you, we had people thinking you were like santa claus and the easter bunny, everyone knows about them, but no one has ever seen them :mad: