Got some funky problem with the home PC

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Did a restart a few day ago and instead of the normal XP startup it went to the screen where you chose safe mode, etc. Chose to restart it in normal mode and everything looks good..... until the XP start up screen appears with the blue line scrolling on the bottom. After a few moments the screen does black, the PC beeps, and I'm back at the choose your mode screen.

This will repeated several times. I tried a full shut down and the same thing happens.

Now the weirdness.... tried to boot the next morning, hit the chose your mode screen again, picked normal mode again.....and it works just fine! Did this the last two nights. What the hell???

I did a Malware bites scan which got a few small things but still have the same problem.

Any ideas?

BLH

Probably not any issues. That is Microsoft at it's best. Usually when you get sceen you did was cause it was shut down wrong. Next select last know good configuration. Cause it also will happen when you just installed a new program. Make sure you virus scanner and stuff is up to date. I would say sale it and buy a mac! <grin> But I actually have more problems with my Mac's that isn't as easy to fix.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Updated and ran Mcafee, found nothing. I'm sure its something stupid a reformat will fix. The strange this is it restarts fine if I turn the computer off for a while. I feel like I'm flooding a old carbed engine and need to let it sit for a while, then it will kick over. Maybe I'm getting vapor lock LOL

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Start -> Run: msconfig -> Startup tab. Make sure there isn't anything running at startup that shouldn't be. :)