Grand Cherokee advice Needed

PolarXJ

HO-P
My family is looking for a new vehicle for a grocery getter and a weekend explorer. We have been looking at the grand cherokee with the V8. Of course this includes the hemi :D What have been some of the issue with the '02 to '06 years? When the hemi was introduced in '05 was there any issuses with it that were fixed in the later years? Are there some years to stay away from? Any advice is greatly appreicated.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Take a look at the NAGCA and mallcrawlin web sites, they have lots of good Grand info. The main problem you may have with the hemi is your wife's lead foot :).

Last edited:

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I would say that since this is a DD rig for your wife and if the 05/06's are in your budget I would shoot for them. They have IFS and will give a better ride.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
A minor problem would be dudes in Jeeps shaped like Hummers and powered by Caravan motors will tell you that it's not a "real Jeep". :)

Had an '06 GC Overland with the 5.7.... Great daily driver other than MPG. Tons of features, comfy, nice ride, bells & whistles... Only issues I had was a blend door (not hard to fix and less than $40 in parts), and occasionally the 'service 4 wheel drive' message popping up.... Never fixed that but believe it was due to my budget boost and larger tires (265's). AEV makes an electronic fix that they call the EGR ( electronic geometry recalibration)
Sold it to my SIL....

Checkout wkjeeps.com Lotsof good info and specs