H2 spy pix.....well sort of....

demon jeep

Banned
Let me save your butt rusty. The reason why the army is going
with the dodge is becouse they are laeseing them it saves in the long run. they are also getting new freightliners that have IFS and RIS so that is why cheap cheap cheap.

ewander

Yeah....how much does the H2 weigh? I don't think I will be towing anything heavy with one....wait a minute...I wouldn't buy one, even if I had the money (1200+ a month with nothing down at 7%). At least the H1 had some pretty tough components.....at least I never broke a military one. The H2 is running a HD independent setup in the front with a 9.5 in the rear....with a 6400+ lb weight problem, and a serious see food diet (11 mpg).

They look pretty cool though....I am interested to see the long term reports, and see some out on the trails.....I think that Yoda said it best: "Hard to see, the dark side is."

ewander

Nuber,

Your comments kind of made me laugh...I don't really know why, other than a faint memory of you handing out your "presidential" cards to a couple of us inexperienced punk kids...based on how trail worthy our vehicles were (I'm totally guessing here)....hmmm let's see here, who owns the yellow CJ8 (with the cracked frame, no locker in sight, non running carb)?, okay, here's a card for you...uh.. umm who owns the black CJ7 (even worse cracked frame, rust bucket, no locker having, 12 bucker of chicken eating, donut dunking), uh...oh yeah. and who has the red Yuppy Jeep (locked and cocked, low geared, CJ eating.....)? I guess you can have a card too.

And this was after I watched members from your group up AF Canyon that same day decide to go around a snow bank that their kick a$$ vehicles were mostly stuck in.....yeah there's a big fence there now, and the scars will still be in that meadow for another few years......SO I guess that I really just needed to lighten the load, and have a little chuckle.....that was one fun day. See you up AF canyon, dude!

demon jeep

Banned
Hay ewander when did you get back from the islands and no Iam not going to spell the name.

Have you herd about the new mill. vehicles that the army is going to use?

And when are we going to take that H1 up rattle snake:D :D :D

HAVOC

Originally posted by GroceryGetter
make it more suitable for the computer programmers that are going to buy the thing.

Cody

Hey! That's "Software Engineer" to you...

It's a good thing (for me) that I don't take offense easily.

I've seen 5 or 6 different H2's on the road in the last week or so. I can't seem to get past the Ugly of them. Maybe it will grow on me...

ewander

Last thing I heard was that the military had decided on two different contracts, one with Ford to replace the old CUCV (chevy blazers and trucks) and the other was with Dodge for the 6x6's. I haven't seen anything yet though....