Central Utah Hanging Tree Trail June 27th or 28th.

Team1k

Heres a picture of the sign from back in April. I may be running it next weekend and could report back on conditions if i do.
htt.jpg

Zerkalo

Is there some one going with a spare seat I can hop on? I really wish to run this trail. But I've got the stock XJ on 235s.. No way I'll make it. Budge is tight for lockers at the moment....

Coco

hmmm, I am dying to get out and run this trail this year. Not sure if the buggy will be done in time, but I can try!

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I am trying to convince my wife that we need to escape the heat and spend some time in Spring city that weekend. I would like to see who has interest in doing the famous HTT 6-27th or 28th. Would also be looking for a local to take us out the top, (James still have your jeep?).

Yes I still have my buggy, but Im working the Juab Extreme Enduro X race that weekend. wish I could go, Its always a great time, Ill see if I can find another local to run with you guys.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Yes I still have my buggy, but Im working the Juab Extreme Enduro X race that weekend. wish I could go, Its always a great time, Ill see if I can find another local to run with you guys.
Thanks James that would be great. You'll be missed. I don't think I have ever run it without you.

AaronPaige

A couple buggy a from our area were looking at going about that time too... It might be a busy day on the trail but nice too see some of the rigs I'm always reading about

Omgbecki

Damn. Trying To post For The Third Time. Why 35? I've Been Interested In This Trail For A While. I Run 33 Locked In Both With Diff Protection.

Also Any Way To Find Out Who Is Coming From Where? I'd Be Heading From Ogden

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
35's is a no bull shit minimum unless you are a very skilled driver. Your TJ might be ok but your lack of serious rocker protection would result in lots of body damage.

One big problem with bringing a rig with smaller tires is you will and I mean will make the day long for everyone. There are diff hangers everywhere and even 35's get hung up a lot.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk

kmboren

Damn. Trying To post For The Third Time. Why 35? I've Been Interested In This Trail For A While. I Run 33 Locked In Both With Diff Protection.

Also Any Way To Find Out Who Is Coming From Where? I'd Be Heading From Ogden

I am not telling anyone that they can't join us. I ran it in a Cherokee on 33s and was able to do everything. It is a difficult trail and without body armor there is a excellent chance for body damage. Rocker protection is a must also. It sounds like you are pretty well set up. So with the knowledge that damage and breakage is a possibility you are welcome to join us. Just bring a tow strap as there a good chance it will be needed.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Your TJ might be ok but your lack of serious rocker protection would result in lots of body damage.

Having run this trail three times in my TJ on 35s, I will say that Brian is not exaggerating here. I banged the %$#! out of my rocker guards, bent a few body mounts under the sides of the tub, scratched up my wheel flares and the wheels themselves (I even broke one plastic center cap), mangled one end of my rear aftermarket bumper, ripped my front plate clean off the bumper (despite it having been bent flush with said bumper) and more.

In summary, I had an awesome time on all three trips... and I can't wait to go back. :D

There are diff hangers everywhere and even 35's get hung up a lot.

As you know, it's all about finding the exact right line. You can be off by mere inches and cause yourself a big headache. For example, Steve ran it in his RegCab Tacoma on 35s and managed to get high centered on two huge rocks at the same time. It took us quite a while to get him up and off of those.

It sounds like you are pretty well set up. So with the knowledge that damage and breakage is a possibility you are welcome to join us. Just bring a tow strap as there a good chance it will be needed.

I am proud to say I have never gotten stuck while I was on this trail. I attribute that to my dual lockers, lots of flex and some lucky line choosing. Yes, I did get pulled up the final waterfall each time, but I chose to do that due to my Dana30 front axle. Besides, I could have winched myself up it had it been necessary. :p

Being on 33s, I might seriously reconsider running this trail if I were you... especially if you are not fully armored up.

kmboren

You guys are making me soooo excited!!!!!!!!!

I am going to laugh when we get stuck and need to pull each other out. It will be good times. Hopefully I get to go. I think its going to work out but still not finiallized yet.

Last edited:

Omgbecki

well The Only Place I Can Really Get Body Damage Is ThE Doors. Unless I Hit
My Hood. Maybe I'll See About Getting Some Sliders. I Have The Diamond Plate Stuff Now But I Now That Stuff doesn't Count. As I Have A Constant Reminder From waynes World :) Other Then Those I'm Pretty Armored Up.