Central Utah Hanging Tree Trail June 27th or 28th.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I have 2-3 vehicles that might go, just was wondering if this trail is a muddy mess? I know it's a heavy run off area for snow melt...... Does it still have water running down it?

Not sure. But recent videos of people running it, it appears to be mostly dry. They said there is only a couple of spots that were muddy.

Last edited:

kmboren

So if I have 3 buggys going, what is our total count of vehicles? Best guess??
So I have 7 commited right now. But Aaronapige has some friends coming but I do not know how many but I am guessing 2 or 3 friends. If your 3 buggys come I think it would put us around 12 or 13 rigs.

Last edited:

kmboren

So for those that are interested. There is Drive in Movie theater in Mount Pleasant. They are Playing Edge of tomorrow on Friday night and I plan on attending with my wife. They also have a good little snackbar that sells good burgers. Movie starts at 2130.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Just got my jeep loaded on the trailer. Heading straight from work tomorrow night and can't wait!

kmboren

Just got my jeep loaded on the trailer. Heading straight from work tomorrow night and can't wait!

Sweet. I am already up here just waiting for Saturday morning. I love it up here. I would live here all year if it stayed like this. Too cold during the winters but really nice late spring summer and early fall.

Just Some Last minute Things. Getting excited. Have Another Jeep meeting Up With Me

Cool, do they he have at least two lockers. That is one thing I want to make sure of in our group.

Bart

We ran it last Sunday and it was mostly dry. Just offering some unasked for advice. I wouldn't take a rig up there without 2 lockers unless you want a LONG day of rock stacking and strapping. If a vehicle breaks, turn it around and head down instead of bashing, pulling, pushing, strapping said vehicle up the trail. What should have taken us 4 hours max, up and back, took us 8 hours. It will turn a fun day into a very un-fun day.

kmboren

We ran it last sunday and it was mostly dry. Just offering some unasked for advice. I wouldn't take a rig up there without 2 lockers unless you want a LONG day of rock stacking and strapping. If a vehicle breaks, turn it around and head down instead of bashing, pulling, pushing, strapping said vehicle up the trail. What should have taken us 4 hours max, up and back, took us 8 hours. It will turn a fun day into a very un-fun day.

I agree completely, sorry you had to take all day doing if. I don't mind showing people the trail. I just want people to be prepared and not upset when the break or bang there rig up. I would not welcome anyone without two lockers. Those can be in there own group pulling each other through the trail.
Hope everyone that makes it enjoys we will have to try for another trip...
Sorry to hear you are not going to make it. Always fun watching your big rigs.

UFAB

Well, sorry to let ya down.

The Jeep had some motor work done and we are getting it Dyno Tuned this tuesday. So on our basic laptop tune, we would rather be safe and wait.

Just remember the UTVs take up alot of everyone's time..

Be safe and have fun.

kmboren

Well, sorry to let ya down.

The Jeep had some motor work done and we are getting it Dyno Tuned this tuesday. So on our basic laptop tune, we would rather be safe and wait.

Just remember the UTVs take up alot of everyone's time..

Be safe and have fun.
No problem good luck getting it tuned. No utvs that I know of are going with us going with us.

kmboren

Maverick is on 100 N and main street in Ephraim. Park on 100N facing north as this is the direction we are headed and this Maverick is small and wont fit us all. Also I plan on leaving Maverick at 830 so please arrive before that. Thanks, If you need to call me my number is 8ol 5 nine two 4 9 2 4

kmboren

Well most of us had a great trip. I will start a trip report soon when I get home. Ended up with 11 rigs. 4 buggies plus a ford ranger. Myself, Nate, Dillian, and two of my friends John and and Matt in the other group. Carnage that I know of was Me busted outer and later inner axle shafts on Pass side. Dana 60 u-joint on Matts blazer. A rear driveline and lots of body damage on ranger. Was a good trip with good company. Pictures and videos to come.