Help us re-open Coyote Canyon

dstrbd1

I just moved back from the east where it cost on average $35 bucks a day to wheel on a private park. I have always loved the west for having more open public land and now they are trying to take it away. I have always made a big deal to bring out more than I have brought in. I will see what I can do for a letter. My letter writing skills are a little rusty but I know every little bit helps.

-TRent

My name is Pearse Umlauf with the National Off-Road Association (NORA). We've recently heard about your efforts to re-open Coyote Canyon and would like to help, by making this issue a NORA Action Alert. We just starting this organization, about two months ago, and would like to draw some national attention to this issue.

Would someone please call me to fill me in. I can be reached at (530) 333-1487, ext. 3

We currently have over 1,000+ people (growing daily) signed-up for our free monthly enewsletters...and these folks are ready to get involved in land access issues.

You can view past Action Alerts by visiting www.nora-usa.com

Please have someone contact me shortly.

Thank you.

Pearse

Here ya go:

http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showpost.php?p=559797&postcount=1

I just left a message at the number listed in your message. Feel free to give me a call. Steve Jackson, 801-376-3332.

Last edited:
I just moved back from the east where it cost on average $35 bucks a day to wheel on a private park. I have always loved the west for having more open public land and now they are trying to take it away. I have always made a big deal to bring out more than I have brought in. I will see what I can do for a letter. My letter writing skills are a little rusty but I know every little bit helps.

-TRent
It doesn't matter how rusty or fabulous your writing skills may be, any support for this is good support. Thanks Trent!! :tara:

dstrbd1

I just got my letter e-mailed to Jeff.:D Seems like such a small price to pay to try and get a trail open. Hopefully it works.

-Trent

Last edited:

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Jeff - Do we still have a chance to get more letters in?

You bet! Here's the latest:

BLM has told us that they still do not have a procedure in place for approving new trails, but they WILL take information on any trails that we would like them to add. I expect to submit our package to them in a couple of weeks.

As far as letters go, I have received 60+ from my original post (and all of the related posts on other forums). I have also received over 90 "form letters" generated from NORA. I will print and submit a copy of every letter I receive.

Thank you to everyone who has responded! If you haven't written a letter yet, please do it! The more we can show the BLM the importance of this trail to the 4WD community, the better!

Jeff

STAG

On my grind
:eek::D
I ran this trail right before it closed with my brother in his FJ-40 and wow I was impressed! I will try to get some pictures up on here. I know that it takes some rigs hours to get through but his rig took 15 minutes to do the whole complete loop! I will definately start on a letter! And will get ahold of my brother to get the pictures from him. I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging but his rig crawls soooo well I was super impressed with how it handled this Gnarly trail!

sadler

hope its not too late, i just joined last week and found this today and sent letter today. Not hard to do.

Meat_

Banned
Coyote Canyon is CLOSED now. They put up signs for EJS. PLEASE do not run it at ALL until we get it added to the RMP, I am confident that this will happen eventually but our efforts will be hampered by people ignoring the signs.

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Coyote Canyon is CLOSED now. They put up signs for EJS. PLEASE do not run it at ALL until we get it added to the RMP, I am confident that this will happen eventually but our efforts will be hampered by people ignoring the signs.

Thanks for the reminder, Meat. The trail is currently posted "closed" at each end. I have talked to two different BLM reps in the last few days. They both said that they are "optimistic" that we will be able to re-open the trail, but it will take some time. How much time, I don't know, but we will keep fighting for it here in Moab. By staying off the trail for now, we are all showing respect and responsibility, which can only help us in the long run.