High pressure fuel pumps

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm pretty sure the 5.3l vortex requires a high presure pump ... the e2000 that I have been running is rated at 95psi max. I believe the injectors are regulated around 55psi or so.

The TJ pump should have plenty of pressure (they are direct injected aswell), and I would think plenty of volume.

i would see no reason why not.i have heard of plenty of hemi swaps as well as vortec swaps and have never once heard anything about having to swap out the fuel pump.put a pressure gauge on it and test it for pressure then see what you motor requires .i would think that to be the easiest solution.

After some seatching on LS1Tech.com it looks like that's a negative, the stock TJ pump won't supply the 5.3l V8 with enough fuel. The TJ pump puts out enough GPH but not enough PSI. The Gen III GM LSx engines require a minumum of 58 PSI to run w/o starving.

I found the info here- LS1 into Jeep TJ

soda blaster

I have a 6.0 out of an 04.
It does not have a return line on the fuel rail. I know that earlier models did though.

If the fuel rail only has 1 connection (feed line) go get a fuel filter for a 99 corvette. It also acts as a pressure regulator. The filter has an inlet, a regulated outlet, and a return line which you can then run back to the tank. I think they cost about $55 :eek: If you need a part number, let me know. I have one in the garage.

I do need that part number I am in moab now and my jeep won't run because of this same issue no return line and way to much pressure in my line does the corvette filter really work?