Hillbilly Delux Camper/Hauler build by Brian

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
We have been enjoying the bunks in the camper! what an awesome set up it has come to be for us..
oiled my deck this week...
photo 1 (3).JPG

jeeper

We have an upcoming trip, and I need to get the camper and our wave runners there. Time for doubles!

I cut off what appears to have been an old license plate mount?
photo 1.JPG

Bought a HF hitch receiver. it felt really weird to grind off fresh paint :ugh:
photo 2.JPG

I thought the welds were turning out decent.
photo 3.JPG

Finished
photo 4.JPG

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I like the idea. But I think I'd still drill a couple holes and fill them Grade 8 bolts. Is it also welded on the backside? I'm not a fan of pulling doubles. But to each their own. Do you know if there is a length limit and how close would you be with the Wave Runner trailer?

jeeper

I like the idea. But I think I'd still drill a couple holes and fill them Grade 8 bolts. Is it also welded on the backside? I'm not a fan of pulling doubles. But to each their own. Do you know if there is a length limit and how close would you be with the Wave Runner trailer?

It is welded on the back also, and has additional supporting. I am confident that it is plenty secure. I'm not a huge fan of doubles either, and hope it to be a very rare thing. We usually have additional people with us that can pull the second trailers when needed, but this is a unique situation. It seemed cheaper and easier to pull double, instead of figuring how to get the runners on the back of the trailer, and then into the water, etc.
There is a legal length limit of 65' bumper to bumper for double trailers. I have no comment as to my total length. ;)

jeeper

This is still for sale. It has had more than 1,100 views on KSL. Not a single call. :( I imagine that it means it is over priced, and that we are at the end of camping season.
I thought it was over priced, but compared to the other home made haulers it was in the value range. I imagine the other fellers selling them are not seeing much traffic either.

jeeper

I've lowered the price on KSL to $3900.

It may be that we end up keeping the trailer that I built to perfectly house my family.. win win for us either way :)

jeeper

Well, the franken trailer has made it's way to a new home. It was bitter sweet to see it go, but I am glad I don't have to try to work a 5th wheel into my new flat bed on my truck.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Thats good . Now ya can build another teardrop. Ha, ha, ha :D .
Last year I sold a few things I kinda didnt want to sell , but was relieved to have one less project.

ricsrx

Theresa came home last night and said. I just saw a trailer going down the road that you would just love, all redneck and everything, and then she looks at the computer im on and i have this tread pulled with the pic of your trailer. she said. and that is it in the pic your looking at!, i said its Brian's and he just sold it, she just busted up laughing.... and said. I should have known....lol