hit the land use rally...then tested the new beater...

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
The hero was impossible to roll...and we really tried...honest!!!

a teaser coming down off the impossible to roll challenge...yes those tires are in the air...you guys up AF canyon got nothing on this thing...it simply does not want to roll!!!

heroair.jpg

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
heroair3.jpg

this thing just did not want to roll over. We pushed it, full throttled hammered it, it just wouldn't flop over!!
heroair2.jpg

how did you guys up AF canyon roll over so easy? I am in AWE!!

jeff cardall

Banned
Originally posted by spencurai
heroair3.jpg

this thing just did not want to roll over. We pushed it, full throttled hammered it, it just wouldn't flop over!!
heroair2.jpg

how did you guys up AF canyon roll over so easy? I am in AWE!!
thats crazy that should have gone over by seeing how far over it already is. that is the rig to have one that dont want to ROLL:D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
well, since it was stripped down so much, the center of cravity is way lower than it would normally be. Oh yeah, and Andy's fat butt holding it down too.:D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Jeremy
well, since it was stripped down so much, the center of cravity is way lower than it would normally be. Oh yeah, and Andy's fat butt holding it down too.:D

he is gonna get you for that one.....

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Originally posted by SammiGrrl
If you really want to roll it, let Chandler drive it!

Chandler has a wheelbase issue. I have to give it up to Brent for building a monster, it flexs over every thing and goes anywhere you want. I still have to finish up some stuff, rear shocks, traction bar, getting it running better. Oh and I need to put a cage in it.:D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by spencurai
it was total therapy for the guy...he is a whole new man!!

Wow........next thing you know, Greg will have his moving under it's own power again..........{then the world will stop turning though}

Brent

another nobody
Originally posted by BlackSheep
Is it just me, or does it look like that thing has almost no flex whatsoever? Specifically, take a look at this photo

heroair4.jpg

you need to take into concideration just how little the back of that thing does weigh. the "massive" 44 in the back probably weighs more than all the "tin" from the rear seat back.http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=1651002

then look at that one.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by BlackSheep
Is it just me, or does it look like that thing has almost no flex whatsoever? Specifically, take a look at this photo

heroair4.jpg

definitely not flexed there..........the springs are actually pretty sweet flexers on a 'normal' XJ.........I expect it to move pretty well {same fronts as mine (if I remember correctly) and a 'rebuilt'/selected stock/augmented rear leaf pack by Brent}.