hit the land use rally...then tested the new beater...

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
let me toss in a couple better pix...I realized that I posted all the wrong pix for flex....

heroair5.jpg

heroair6.jpg

this thing is as slinky as any XJ I have ever seen...and it is effortless flex...

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Wow,
I definately picked the wrong photo to judge the flex on that thing.

Is it really balanced though? From spence's photos, the front is flexing awesome, but the rear seems like it could be a little better balanced. Is this just my inexperience speaking?

Brent

another nobody
Originally posted by mbryson

definitely not flexed there..........the springs are actually pretty sweet flexers on a 'normal' XJ.........I expect it to move pretty well {same fronts as mine (if I remember correctly) and a 'rebuilt'/selected stock/augmented rear leaf pack by Brent}.
I'd put that pic against any skyjacker rock ready 8":p

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Brent
I'd put that pic against any skyjacker rock ready 8":p

you gotta see it to believe it...the right rear is stuffed to the max, there just isn't a lot of weight to pull down the left rear....that thing is sooooo light, you wouldn't believe it.

The cage should just be a basic 6 pointer around the driver and pass with downtubes going straight down. It would be a shame to make a full halo under the sheetmetal and weigh this thing down...it is going to crawl like a fiend.

I would put my money on this thing to win ramp travel contests...

Brent

another nobody
Originally posted by BlackSheep
Wow,
I definately picked the wrong photo to judge the flex on that thing.

Is it really balanced though? From spence's photos, the front is flexing awesome, but the rear seems like it could be a little better balanced. Is this just my inexperience speaking?
the rear springs are stock with a stock rear cj spring thrown in, I don't know how much softer you would want to or could go. the back end is just that light.

guys note for next time, fill the gas tank all the way up, you'll get better flexing shots :D

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Don't forget it also needs a paint job, od green:D . And Mark, it works really well so I hope your ready to run Constrictor with me so we can compare.:D ;) So consider yourself called out.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I weighed mine when it was roofless, old cage, stock axles and 33's and it was 3500. stock curb weight was 3990.

I think I'm probably around 3700 now. I'd be intersted to see what the XJ wights gutted like that.

Cody

Parker

Originally posted by Andy
Don't forget it also needs a paint job, od green:D

Nice dummie... Why didn't you just give it a touch more skinny on that boulder... she would have gone. :D

GO HERO. OD Green will kick ass. When are we Wheelin'? Goeller and a bunch of us are headed out west this weekend... Wanna be my HERO?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Andy
Don't forget it also needs a paint job, od green:D . And Mark, it works really well so I hope your ready to run Constrictor with me so we can compare.:D ;) So consider yourself called out.

Cool!!!!.........I get my shiz together then.........(When and how is the painting)