HITR run this spring?

ret32

Hmmm, wonder if they didn't have enough interest to run it during EJS? I knew Frenchie wasn't leading it but I figured they had someone else lined up and I haven't really looked through the EJS Newspaper yet...
I seem to remember reading from a RR4W newsletter that they weren't running it due to lack of interest on the part of both participants and AND volunteers, but I can't find the exact reference right now and am going off of a very lousy memory (at best). Perhaps somebody from RR4W can chime in to confirm or deny.

...A Guide to Utah's Hole-In-The-Rock Trail - Stewart Aitchison
Hole in the Rock - David E. Miller
Incredible Passage: Through the Hole-in-the-Rock - Lee Reay
Pioneer (Magazine): The Incredible Saga of the Hole-In-The-Rock - 2004 Volume 51, Number 4
The Undaunted: The Miracle of the Hole-in-the-Rock Pioneers - Gerald Lund...
Doing due diligence research for the EU trip, I was at the SLC Library this week and came across a book called, "The Incredible Mission: The Hole-In-The-Rock Expedition/ San Juan Trail Guide" by Lamont Crabtree. I haven't had a chance to read through the text yet, but the pics and maps seem to focus on identifying physical remnants of the original trail where it deviates from the modern routes (published 1980). It looks like it might end up being a decent resource as well.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...Doing due diligence research for the EU trip, I was at the SLC Library this week and came across a book called, "The Incredible Mission: The Hole-In-The-Rock Expedition/ San Juan Trail Guide" by Lamont Crabtree. I haven't had a chance to read through the text yet, but the pics and maps seem to focus on identifying physical remnants of the original trail where it deviates from the modern routes (published 1980). It looks like it might end up being a decent resource as well.

Let me know how it is, I'd like to add it to my wish list if its a good resource.

Corban_White

Caleb

IMO considering the prices they charge it is well worth the extra 45 min or so to drive around. When I went last year the fare to ride the ferry would have added another 50% to my trip costs! JMHO.
It added about 1-1.5 hours on to my trip (in actual driving time). However, you have to wait for the ferry's schedule so in reality it probably would have been quicker (and lots cheaper) to just drive around. I won't use the ferry again if/when I run it again.

rholbrook

I drove it and followed Caleb back. Its a timing issue with the ferry and if your pulling a trailer it costs you by the foot as well. The drive isnt too bad, I would drive it again.

eatrocks

I have done this trail a few times now and love it. Depending on the date it would be a fun thing to go on. In and out in one day would be tricky but can happen if EVRYTHING GOES RIGHT!!!

Fuller

Formerly limegrnxj
well i was realy looking forward to this but my wife has decided that she will be to pregnant to do this trail. so i hope who goes has a good time.

i want to plan for this trail next year.