Home Electronics repair

Brett

Meat-Hippy
So, I've got a set of Klipsch speakers that took a zap due to a bad ground and aren't working now. They won't turn on now, so of course, they need some repair. Any of you know of a good place to have them repaired locally or am I going to ship these back to Klipsch?

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Brett said:
So, I've got a set of Klipsch speakers that took a zap due to a bad ground and aren't working now. They won't turn on now, so of course, they need some repair. Any of you know of a good place to have them repaired locally or am I going to ship these back to Klipsch?

I have picked up parts from Interwest Electronics (4091 South State) and have seen speakers that they have repaired so you might give them a call. When my speakers go bad I break out the voltmeter and fix them myself since I built them.
Dave

Brett

Meat-Hippy
DaveB said:
I have picked up parts from Interwest Electronics (4091 South State) and have seen speakers that they have repaired so you might give them a call. When my speakers go bad I break out the voltmeter and fix them myself since I built them.
Dave

Well, okay, i guess I should explain a bit more. These are a set of Klipsch ProMedia 4.1 computer speakers. I think that something went wrong in the amp part of it. Found a diode and resister that were burnt, so I replaced them. Still nothing.

I'll check out that Interwest Place, maybe they can fix them.