Home made gear

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I took typing and home ec in high school for the same reason. I wasn't the only dude, but I had the longest hair by far and was the only dude known for getting in fights on a regular basis :rofl: . Worked out pretty well.

- DAA
That’s it. Someone find a senior yearbook photo of this long haired freaky person. Hopefully he’s got a black eye or two. Five Man Electric Band would be so proud. 😂

DAA

This ought to be good for some laughs.

scan30048.jpg

scan30039.jpg

- DAA

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I made the family down sleeping bags. Mine, the biggest one is something like 22 ounces, and I’ll sleep in it down to just above freezing. It was a fun project, everyone picked their own colors. My girls have grown out of theirs so it’s about time to make a few more. I used 850 fill down and rip stop by the roll for the fabric and baffles.

Lately I’ve been thinking it’d be fun to make some mountain bike bags too, it’s time to break out the sewing machine again!

IMG_0115_Original.jpeg

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I made the family down sleeping bags. Mine, the biggest one is something like 22 ounces, and I’ll sleep in it down to just above freezing. It was a fun project, everyone picked their own colors. My girls have grown out of theirs so it’s about time to make a few more. I used 850 fill down and rip stop by the roll for the fabric and baffles.

Lately I’ve been thinking it’d be fun to make some mountain bike bags too, it’s time to break out the sewing machine again!

View attachment 167904

Wow, very impressive.

Totally curious, what costs were involved?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Just looked up my orders, the fabric was $160, and the 900 fill goose down (correction from first post) was $280.

Blowing the down into the baffles was pure chaos, funny in hindsight.

I can imagine. I've had even tiny tears in down gear make a huge mess. Trying to fill a bag would be a chore :D

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks

View attachment 167904
Those bags look awesome and cost as much as a single commercial bag. A spare tube/tool bag for MTB would be a cool project.

Reactions: DAA

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Finally got my order from rockywoods and made my first bag. It's an under seat bag for my MTB. Will hold keys and a multi tool. It's 3x2x4". It's rough but such a small bag was a bad choice as a first project. Handlebar bag for my dirt bike is next then some boxy bags and stuff sacks.

1000120078.jpg

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Checking if RockyMountainSewers.com is available.... buying...
It stands to reason that if one who skis is a skiist, one who paints is a paintist, and one who raps is a rappist, then one who sews is a sewist.

So the easiest solution for keeping unwanted plumbists off of rockymountainsewers.Com is to adopt the more appropriate rockymountainsewists.Com

You're welcome. That'll be $3