Honeymoon ideas...

Lka1988

poor college student
So I'm getting married in a few months (YAY! :greg:) but I'm not the greatest idea...thinker...upper?

Thing is, we're not gonna have a whole lot of money. What have you guys heard/done that's fun and memorable but inexpensive?

sixb

Will work for beer!
On our honeymoon (12/91) we went on a 7 day 7 island Caribbean cruise then switched bags at the airport during a layover and hopped on another plane to Telluride Colorado for another 7 days of skiing:D

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
Went close an local for a short camp trip in the 69 Volv wagon for ours....

Definitely low $$$ and Anderson Dam has never looked quite so good.... Was a gorgeous morning..

First Anniversary was a repeat of the same, only we used an 86 Bronco and went to jackpot NV..

2nd anniversary is coming up, and there is a Microbrewery in Bend she wants to check out.. their rooms are pretty pimp, might not camp in Clyde... although that would keep with the theme.

Used to be a Monastery, the brew pub did.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
We went to Portland, OR for a week. Fights there are pretty cheap, you don't have to rent a car because you can just take the MAX into downtown. We stayed at a hotel on the river and spent the whole week wandering the city, checking out the museums, finding good places to eat and tasting wine. I really liked it because there was just enough to do, but not so much that you felt obligated to constantly be entertained (like a cruise). Mostly it was relaxing after the stresses of planning and executing the wedding.
All in all it was pretty inexpensive. Could have been less so had we not had one or two bottles of fine Oregon wine a night!:ugh:

Last edited:

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
You can always do Vegas if your into that type of thing. Another option is San Deigo. I had a buddy getting married out there so my wife and I made it a week vacation. We bought the $100 combo pass that got us into the zoo, animal park, and Sea World. Fun trip and not too expensive if you plan it out.

rdneckride

Ok. So you have the time off what to do is the question. Well do what everyone does after they get married just don't spend the money to do it anyplace special. Stay home park the cars around the block and lock the doors.

Ok well seriously stay home and do some short day trips you normally would not get to do while having to work. If you need more time/distance and can afford the fuel check out yellowstone, the grand tetons, or moab. Camp and stay cheap or find a room. Though it is a honeymoon you will be just as tired going on some long trip as you would be if you stayed home and locked the door.

Silly Willy

My wife and I went up to park City, Rented a room in the Silverking, (the one with a Hot Tub in it) spent the weekend there.

Or you can do what my dad did, and does every year, Go to Yellow stone, and see the sights.

Personally I like Mikes Idea of a cabin at fish lake.

Swoop69

Send her to Park City for some shopping and you go to Moab for some wheeling...

After your honeymoon, you will be excited to see each other, instead of the typical opposite!!!

ID Bronco

I went on a 4 day excursion in Idaho/Utah, but knowing what I know now I would have taken a short cruise. Money is about the same and once the kids come and things get hectic it's alot easier to do the idaho/utah stuff with the family later. Tough (for us) to take a cruise now with everything in the way like life. lol

DevinB

I like traffic lights
DON'T rent a room at the Yarrow in Park City. We did that for a few days. Park City was fun, but the Yarrow, while wanting to be upscale and fancy, sucked. There was some class reunion going on and the idiot people attending said reunion wouldn't shut up and go to bed. They had rooms all around us and we could hear everything that was going on all night long - partying, drinking, rough-housing, etc. We called the front desk a handful of times but they wouldn't do anything. The people were sneaking (but not being sneaky about it) across our balcony all night long. The doors that can connect two rooms were anything but soundproof. All the Yarrow would do for us was offer us a free breakfast, but we had to pay tax on it.

radjeeper

"Why You Say"
A room in Kanab would be nice, with a pool and hot tub. I like the Perry for nostalgia, good sevice, and an excellent breakfast bar (not free). You can day trip to the Grand Canyon, Zions, and Bryce. Also, if you like water you can spend a day in Page, AZ which is not too far away. Rent some wave runners, take the dam tour, etc.

Yet another very cheap but nice aniversery was in Wayne County at a bed and breakfast in Teasdale. Tory is nice as well. Beautiful sceanry every where, nice people, not much to spend your money on so its cheap. There is a theater near by, some resteraunts, and of course Capital Reef.

And don't listen to Unstuck, he is happily married. Of course the honeymoon is the best part.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Congrats.

What price range are you looking at?

We went on a 7 day mexican riviera cruise for about $650 per person. I thought that was super reasonable for that amount of fun and sun.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Joan and I spent our 1st honeymoon at an expensive seaside hotel and then two weeks later went camping at Black Mtn near Barstow. The second was the best.