How did you get interested in 4wheeling?

How did you get into 4wheeling?

• Friends: My friends peer pressured me.

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Family: I was just raised this way.

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Significant Other: He or she dragged me along.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Myself: I got myself into it by buying a 4x4.

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Other: Please specify.

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by Jeremy
I don't want to go back and revisit the past. I twould be too expensive. I'll just say that I was supposed to be named "Jeep" when I was born, but my parents messed up, so I've been trying to make up for it ever since..:D

Yeah rights..... The TRUE story!

Jeremy was on the road with the High School Choir, tht had just performed for a tough audience at the local elementary... The roads were snowpacked and the bus just wasn't doing its job... As they tried to climb that last snow covered hill, the bus slid off the road, half of the choirpoops wet themselves....

The children dug as hard as their dainty, lotion-soaked hands could dig, it was no hope they were stuck.... Then came a tall, dark, handsome man in his chromed out Jeep to save all the kiddies... with the quick tug of his strap....

Jeremy stood with amazment as he sang in a choirlike manner "I gotsta gets me one of them"

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
oh man that was a GREAT story! i used to write like that in jr. high and high school.
one thing you should have done is compared the mans jeep to a mysterious steed or something to that effect.

way to be cruiser
-nate

my4thjeep

after the winter of 93 and my 69 camaro couldn't get out of my drive way for 2 months due to deep snow i decided I wanted a 4 x4 and a convertable so I bought a 93 jeep wrangler sport. it has been downhill ever since.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
My family has been going to Moab and riding dirt bikes since the opening of the "original" slickrock trail in 1969 (a couple years before I was born). In 1980, I got my first dirt bike and rode many of the Jeep trails down there. When I got out of High School, I bought a CJ7 and started building it. After that, everyone in my family bought one.

Klif01

Do I bother you?
For my parents when it comes to automobiles, they are dumber than a potatoe except to maybe change the oil or the trip meter on the odometer :) Anyway I didn't think a car was as practicle for other things I like to do, ie skiing/mtn biking. And Since I got it I am hooked on how to make it better!!
woot

Caleb

Originally posted by Klif01
For my parents when it comes to automobiles, they are dumber than a potatoe except to maybe change the oil or the trip meter on the odometer :) Anyway I didn't think a car was as practicle for other things I like to do, ie skiing/mtn biking. And Since I got it I am hooked on how to make it better!!
woot

thats what got me into mechanic part of vehicles...my family is retarded when it comes to working on cars...its a great feat when my dad changes a starter:p...my mom always told me I wouldn't be able to work on cars cause my dad didn't know how to...well I showed her and then I took over her garage:p

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
yup, same here. I graduated form High school without knowing how to change a spark plug. I rebuilt my first engine last year.

Caleb

Originally posted by Jeremy
yup, same here. I graduated form High school without knowing how to change a spark plug. I rebuilt my first engine last year.

that is one thing I have yet to do by myself, but I am sure I will get the opportunity sooner or later...

grinch

inner city redneck
I am pritty much in the same boat. I never card to fix my own vehicles untill I got my first heep in 95...... Now about the only thing I havent done is rebuild the engine, an auto tranny or (cough cough) drum breaks....
Man I love the heeps...

Caleb

Originally posted by grinch

I am pritty much in the same boat. I never card to fix my own vehicles untill I got my first heep in 95...... Now about the only thing I havent done is rebuild the engine, an auto tranny or (cough cough) drum breaks....
Man I love the heeps...

I did rebuild my auto tranny...but I haven;t tried it yet so we will see how it goes:D:D:D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
rebuilding an engine was a lot of fun and very satisfying. When you first fire it up, you just jump up and down with a stupid grin on your face. Haven't done the auto yet, but I will sometime soon:D

88 Runner SAS

Saving Money For Parts
My dad got me into it from birth. But i have a bigger truck than he ever did, and still look forward coming back to Utah and building my runner and hitting Moab again. I've rebuilt two motors a 22re, and a 350, the 22r lasted about 5000 bad crank ouch, the 350 has about 15,000 on it and runs great. Blew the auto tranny comin back here though, so I may be doin an auto rebuild myself soon:eek: .

Brdpraey

:confused: hmmm..........well........i guess mine was when i realized a car cant get you there. and you can go pretty much anywere and do what ever you want....................i love traffic............. :p

SammiGrrl

big, blue, & beautiful
You never did say how you got into it, ShannO. *nudge-nudge* You've had your 4 runner for as long as I can remember... back when it had camo paint. :)

84 4Runner

Restless 'Runner
Originally posted by britney

P.S.
You didn't put your story Ms. 84 4Runner

Originally posted by SammiGrrl
You never did say how you got into it, ShannO. *nudge-nudge* You've had your 4 runner for as long as I can remember... back when it had camo paint.

Not sure if I really want to divulge any information about myself....but.... :D

It was kind of a combination of things. My brother and father are both into 4wheeling and encouraged me to buy my 4Runner (when I was 15). After that It was just a daily driver until my significant other started dragging me along on wheeling trips with his buddies.

I didn't really plan to turn my 4Runner into much of a wheeler until I broke a spring (oops, I shouldn't have jumped that speed bump! :D ) and concluded that lifted springs would be better than just replacing the springs with new stock height springs. And I became an addict from then on...

Bones

Bought a 4runner back in 98 for $800 that needed an engine rebuild....It was to be a good DD. Well, the last three years it's gotten rebuilt (not the engine) ;) every winter and I always take far to long and spend to much.

Turbobob

Semper Fi
I grew up around various types of offroad activities, dirtbikes, sandrails, 4X4's. But I rode as a passenger(with JamesK) in moab about 7 years ago. I was hooked! I came home and the next weekend my pavement pounder 93 Chevy was up for sale and I bought my Scrambler. Lots of money & time later, it is now an obsession.:)