How did you get interested in 4wheeling?

How did you get into 4wheeling?

• Friends: My friends peer pressured me.

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Family: I was just raised this way.

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Significant Other: He or she dragged me along.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Myself: I got myself into it by buying a 4x4.

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Other: Please specify.

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
this is like a support group for crack heads....but we are like not crackheads...but ummm like 4X4 heads....

I don't like the term gear head....

anyway, I am currently trying to corrupt another buddy of mine into ditching his accord and coming to the dark side....

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
it all started with the tonka trucks and hotwheels...then the power wheels...sorry to say a jeep...but i learned my lesson when the motor fried!!! moving on to 4 wheelers at age 9 then learning to drive at age 10 while in BFE Homer Alaska and most or the roads there were worse than rattlesnake and most of the time only driveable at night when frozen... and i thought that was just way too cool...

Santerianumero1

I'm Rick James Byatch
Originally posted by cruiser
it all started with the tonka trucks and hotwheels...then the power wheels...sorry to say a jeep...but i learned my lesson when the motor fried!!! moving on to 4 wheelers at age 9 then learning to drive at age 10 while in BFE Homer Alaska and most or the roads there were worse than rattlesnake and most of the time only driveable at night when frozen... and i thought that was just way too cool...

Thank you Jackass! :):):) Now I'm hooked in the whole wheelin thing. (This answers the thread)

Like a I need a second, even more expensive than my supra hobby!!! Thank god I've got a minitruck instead of a Cruiser, the 2nd most expensive Toy!

You're in the dark Ollie!

84 4Runner

Restless 'Runner
Originally posted by ledhead

Hey I think that punk got me into wheeling to!

You know, I might even consider you one of his buddies that I went wheeling with. So really, it's partially your fault too. :D So I hold you and him partially responsible for everything on my 4Runner that has ever broke as a result of a 4wheeling trip. Now hand over the $$! :mad:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Originally posted by 84 4Runner

After that It was just a daily driver until my significant other started dragging me along on wheeling trips with his buddies.

Originally posted by ledhead

Hey I think that punk got me into wheeling to!

Hey don't drag me into this you guys just started following me around.
:rolleyes:

TJ Chick00

My other car is a Jeep
My brother use to take me offroad when I was a kid. I always loved lifted rigs as I was growing up. The first night I met my husband he took me out wheelin. After that I was his wheelin sidekick. Eventually, I got more involved & learned to wheel some small obsticles in Moab. One day while my husband was spotting on widow maker I jumped into the drivers seat & shocked the hell out of him. When I pulled up he kept asking me if I was sure I wanted to do this & I said no but I was going to no matter what. Man you should've seen the look on my face as I began to go up. My husband said it looked like my eyes were going to pop out of my head. lol Ever since then I've been hooked. I loved the rush I got from it & still do. It sucks being in WA but I got the chance to go back to UT in April 03. I had a blast & didn't want to leave. That was the first trip we had done where I did all the driving on the trails. I can't wait to go back!:D

Heidi