How many of you done a drastic change ?

O'neal

?????????
Mine happened 2 months ago.....long story short,wife finished her degree in teaching 2.5 years ago,took her to a job fair in Logan ut.az picked her up as I stayed behind in evanston, busted my ass,became lonely,unhappy and really tired of the distant relationship/paying for 2 of everything.made my point at my previous job that July 31st was the end and am living in page now working as a mechanic for ays on houseboats at antelope marina.it's quite the change and i tell ya ....it's a struggle at times from wyo but I'm happier with no more road trips and powell is pretty kick ass fishin :)

kts532

I have done so many changes both in jobs and where we lived so many time I cannot count. To begin with it is hard to get everything settled but we never regretted a thing. It is good to do things different in life. As long as you both agree with what you are doing things will work out and you will enjoy things

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
School in Austin, TX
First job was in the Baltimore, MD area for 7 years
Back to Dallas, TX area, got married, bought a house. stayed there for 8 years.
Transferred to San Fran bay area. 2 different houses within the 4-1/2 years we were there.
Back to Austin area and a house on 3 wooded acres for another 7 years.
Been here for the last 6 years in the 5th house I've owned.

Yeah, I've done some major changes :)

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Mine happened 2 months ago.....long story short,wife finished her degree in teaching 2.5 years ago,took her to a job fair in Logan ut.az picked her up as I stayed behind in evanston, busted my ass,became lonely,unhappy and really tired of the distant relationship/paying for 2 of everything.made my point at my previous job that July 31st was the end and am living in page now working as a mechanic for ays on houseboats at antelope marina.it's quite the change and i tell ya ....it's a struggle at times from wyo but I'm happier with no more road trips and powell is pretty kick ass fishin :)

I'm just curious, why did she take the job in Arizona over the offerings here in Northern Utah? There is a ton of need for teachers here so I would venture it was maybe pay that lured her away.

boogie_4wheel

My wife and I both grew up in Page! She went to NAU, I went to SUU... We ended up in the big city of SLC.

We still frequent Page. Good dirt biking and wheeling all over the place. I'd like to get back to a smaller town.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Lost my job, took a step down from management, make the same money and 15 hours less a week. Better benefits. Happier wife. Forced change but good change. The last place sucked in comparison

O'neal

?????????
I'm just curious, why did she take the job in Arizona over the offerings here in Northern Utah? There is a ton of need for teachers here so I would venture it was maybe pay that lured her away.

Not really sure honestly. ..she had lived in utah most of her life and wanted to be somewhere unique,I think she found it.the pay really is not that great but she loves the area,weather and the culture.I'm along for the ride :)

O'neal

?????????
My wife and I both grew up in Page! She went to NAU, I went to SUU... We ended up in the big city of SLC.
We still frequent Page. Good dirt biking and wheeling all over the place. I'd like to get back to a smaller town.

I need to venture out sometime,I'd like to find some cool places.

boogie_4wheel

I'll PM you next time we come down.
Planning on being there Nov 4 for the balloon festival, unfortunately not before then.
If nothing else, I could point you in the right direction for a few good sight seeing roads.

O'neal

?????????
I'm getting tired of all the people and traffic. I want to move back to Wyoming. But winter lasts forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I loved about wyoming,no people,the outdoors are unreal in the state and the winters....well,I spent every minute after work / weekends busting 2 tracks and ice fishing :)

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Although not as big a change as changing jobs and home state.

My wife and I had been in our previous home for just over 26 years in West Point (Davis County) and had flirted with the idea of selling our home and moving due to our deteriorating neighborhood and having to live next to Sanford & Sons, although I didn't think my OCD could handle the move as my home and shop were in perfect shape and everything was organized. The shop was just a bit on the small side. Our home had been paid off for 11-years and although I hated the way our neighborhood had declined I cringed at the thought of having another mortgage being in my late 40's. Last July my wife came home after catching the neighbor's kids climbing on the back of our motorcoach and said "that's it, we're moving." I could tell by her demeanor and tone I was NOT going to change her mind. We also wanted out of Davis County as the traffic and congestion was getting ridiculous.

The house hunt started in early July and by December we had finally found and purchased our dream home on 3/4 acre in Weber County, about 2-miles from where I was born and raised in a beautiful and fairly new subdivision. We bought the house and commenced the painting, carpet and flooring and by the end of January we broke ground on the new shop/RV garage.

I worked on putting the yard in while the contractor built the shop. My OCD has been about stressed to the limit over this move and shop build but it's finally done and I have my yard all done. Now just to finish organizing my shop and putting things away.

I don't think there is any way I could move out of state or more than the 8 or so miles that we did without going crazy and taking my wife with me. My hat is off to you guys who can pick up and make a major life change.

Mike

cajack

After getting married my wife and I went from SE Idaho to Northern Idaho, then Illinois, then California, then Indiana, then California, then SE Idaho, and now in Utah. Went from a student, to employment, to self employed, to student, to employed again. Through out all of that we have enjoyed the journey. Keep looking in the windshield and not the rear view mirror. Life is a challenge with many changes, but we always considered them opportunities for growth, and embraced new friends, new challenges, and new "trails". It is never the same as it was, but it builds. It is an opportunity to leave the "bad" behind, take the good with you and move on. When friends have asked about the different areas we have lived and career changes I have responded "It is what I do, Not who I am". I have been successfully employed, but I don't define myself by that. There are things that are more important to take care of. Enjoy the journey. :) Jack.