How many of you out there are going to get a dirt bike in the near future?

rholbrook

My FIL has a WR250 that he said this morning he would sell. He thinks it is a 94. When he gets back to St George next week I will have him send some pictures and figure out a price

sixstringsteve

Oh man. Those never pop up. If I weren't building my current bike I'd be all over that bike. Probably the best kept secret in The dirt bike world.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I've been looking to get a bike, but don't really have the money right now. I'm looking to go old school with either a 70's Yamaha TT500, XT500, DT400.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I had a 79 XT500. Loved that bike. I know a guy that has two he would sell when your ready

Have to finish the basment. Put the yard in, and looking for a truck so money is tight right now.

But If the right deal came along i might be able to get the wife to buy in on it. Find out what he wants, and PM me if you want.

Last edited:

Cascadia

Undecided
I think a CRF450/WR450F would be a great bike for ya Tyson. How soon are you going to be able to make it a reality? I've seen a few floating around $2k.

I hope to make it a reality soon. You know my predicament right now...keep it a secret though. Even though I don't know many people on here personally. I'm just trying to save the money up and buy with cash. I think 2000 is about what I want to spend. So I'm thinking about those.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I'd love a KTM 200 EXC. Or any super light, lots of low end power bike. Loved riding single track with the ol' KDX. Sad day when I sold it :-\ The day I sold the KLR 250 was a great day however :rofl: Spending too much time wheeling the jeep and on the non motorized 2 wheels lately.

sixstringsteve

I think you might dig my new bike benjy (see sig). I totally agree with ya. Any lightweight/nimble bike with lots of low end power gets my vote.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I think you might dig my new bike benjy (see sig). I totally agree with ya. Any lightweight/nimble bike with lots of low end power gets my vote.

Yup, neat build for sure. I wonder how much it will weigh all said and done.

I just couldn't imagine scrapping 2 good bikes for 1 better bike.

sixstringsteve

yeah, not exactly the economical way to do it. Although it will still be cheaper than a used 200exc. If I sell the parts off, I should only be into it about $1600.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
I've been looking to get a bike, but don't really have the money right now. I'm looking to go old school with either a 70's Yamaha TT500, XT500, DT400.

I have three, 76 Dt400 two of them run one is a parts bike. Let me know if your serious looking to buy I could all ways let one go.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
I would love to get a dirt bike again. I have those old Yamaha's but I don't really like them much. I use to have a Yamaha xt225 and I hated it. It had to many carb issues. My dad just bought klx 650 it is sweet! We had to put a lowering kit on it, because we are like 5' 6". I would love to kdx 450 and make it street legal.

Caleb

Actually, I've been looking at the 300 XC-W. Not sure though. I'm not convinced a 2T is going to have the down low torque I like on the 4T. I hear the 300 XC-W is close.

Caleb

I get confused with all those KTM model numbers. I wonder how a 2T would be with a rekluse.

Trust me, you're not the only one that gets confused :D This is the best description I've found...and I know it's still missing models:

SX & SXF = motocross/sx
XC & XCF = offroad, close-ratio tranny
XC(W) & XCF(W) = offroad, wide-ratio tranny
EXC = dual sport, street legal

I've wondered the same thing about the Rekluse. I know there are tons of guys that use them on 2T bikes (I know I'll try it if I end up with a 2T :) ) so we'll see.

Side note: Where does the T come from? sTroke?
Good question, don't know, just always seen it referred to as that :D

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Actually, I've been looking at the 300 XC-W. Not sure though. I'm not convinced a 2T is going to have the down low torque I like on the 4T. I hear the 300 XC-W is close.

Can't wait to see what you end up doing. I'd get an XC-W or EXC if you have the option. My XC felt like it had closer gearing than my CR gearbox :ugh:

Maybe I'm missing out :confused: I feel like I can't lug 4T's to save my life! LOL. It is very rare for me to stall my CR no matter how nasty the trail is and right off idle there's never a shortage of power. I guess it all depends on what you're used to--I think you'll like a KTM if not they hold their value when it comes time to sell haha ;)