how often do you eat BACON?

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Some of us on here absolutely love bacon and feel it should be in its own food group altogether. So I'm curious, how often do you eat bacon? Since it's my birthday I cooked up some nice thick pieces last night and again for lunch today, but typically we have bacon twice a week or so either by itself as a side or in soups. I would eat it all the time if it wasn't so "unhealthy". And no, I don't give a crap about that vacon, such a blasphemy!

Attachments

• WP_000800.jpg
    WP_000800.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 16
  • WP_000803.jpg
    WP_000803.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 17

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I LOVE bacon, and can't allow myself to have it in the house. It gets bought if I'm planning ahead for potato chowder or BLTs or something, but I don't keep it around. I can't. :)

Cascadia

Undecided
Probably once a week. I'd eat it more if I didn't mind my house smelling like grease. What does vacon smell like when you cook it? Plants, veggies, salad (does salad smell)?

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
usually every saturday morning we have it with breakfast and occasionaly in soups ecspecially during the colder months

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I use bacon grease for cooking, so I usually eat bacon consistantly for a week or two to rebuild my stock of grease, then avoid it for months. I like bacon, but it's not my favorite meat. And for breakfast, sausage is far superior.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I think I have It biweekly as part of my breakfast along with sausage. I like cooking it in the oven but it smokes a good bit more that way which is a downer.

DAA

does ground pork in my hamburgers and chili count?

Damn straight that counts!

And it makes me think of a burger dump in Oklahoma City... A place called Ron's. They have a chili cheeseburger that is smothered with homemade sausage chili - it covers a large dinner plate. Throw in a side of fried okra and I'm in heaven. Dang that's some good stuff!

- DAA

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
about 2x a month... cook it in the panini press.. all the grease goes away and nice flat crispy bacon comes out :)

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
I am not sure the guys name. My wife got intouch with them through her work. The way we did it was, you pay for the pig up front, they raise the pig, and when it reaches a mature level you have it slaughtered. You have to be present when the pig is dipatched. New Utah law. You don't have to watch though. PM me your number. We my wife gets home I will text you the info.
Oh ya. Natural