Howdy from San Antonio

sempertoy

So, I am a Utah guy at heart. I moved to Salt Lake when I was 3 and spent all my schooling years there. I graduated from Murray High in June 2006. Since then, I haven't really lived in Utah much, but most of my family as well as my wifes family still live there. I spent 06-08 in Sweden as a LDS missionary and then when I got back I enlisted in the Marine Corps. I spent 09-13 in the Corps stationed in San Diego. When I got out last May, we decided to come to Texas while I go to school, and then move home to Utah when I'm done.

I joined this forum as a reference from sixstingsteve from expo and ttora, I thought it would be good to keep in touch with some locals and try and meet some people when we are home to visit family. I am planning a trip to Moab right now from 12-17 May. If anyone wants to tag along, please feel free to contact me.

Hope to see you guys and gals on the trails!

Jon

sempertoy

Thanks for all the warm welcomes fellas! Like I mentioned above, I will be in Moab May 12th-17th. If anyone wants to come down and wheel for a couple days that would be fun. I have a site at pack creek already, and there is room for another rig. After Moab I will head up to Salt Lake for about 10 days. Not too much time once I am in town, we will be visiting family and such.

I really want to get out and see the spiral jetty at the GSL. Kurt posted a picture of his hundy out there that has made it a must see for me. That trip will have to be on a saturday to accommodate kurts schedule. The more the merrier for that trip. He also mentioned a ghost town out there? Does anyone know the name of it? I want to do a bit of reading on it. TTFN

p.s. here is a pic of my rig. Keep an eye out for it in May!

Last edited: