Coco

HTT July 2nd!

Edited for everyone!!

Hanging Tree Saturday July 2nd.

Meet at the maverick in Ephraim at 9AM.

Come on out and let's have some fun!!!

Last edited:

amp713

I want to run it badly but seeing as my wedding is Saturday, then rubicon for the honeymoon next week, then a bear hunt starting july 25th I'm short on time for a while!

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Coco what do you think about the Saturday before 4th of July?

July 2nd?

If it works out, I would probably bring 3 rigs...

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I need to run this. Need to do a little more testing on the "Jeep" before running this dawg?

I want to run it badly but seeing as my wedding is Saturday, then rubicon for the honeymoon next week, then a bear hunt starting july 25th I'm short on time for a while!

wedding....? I think I'd spend a little more time at home?.... just sayin

Last edited:

Coco

Invite away!! I would only recommend that everyone play it safe and smart, this trail is rated a 5 of 5, and is always changing due to the run off. I know no one ever plans on breakage, but it could make for a long day on the trail. The sign at the base of the trail is a good indication of what your getting into :) we have got built JKs through it before, but not without body damage.

Other than that, let's go out and have a great time!! Meet at the maverick in town at 9AM? Convoy out from there?

Coco

where exactly is this trail? I may be down, although I'm not an old guy.

The trail is in Ephraim. We usually meet at the maverick in town, then convoy out to the parking spot, then onto the trail. I can't remember the exact name of the canyon it is located in though :-\

Pike2350

Invite away!! I would only recommend that everyone play it safe and smart, this trail is rated a 5 of 5, and is always changing due to the run off. I know no one ever plans on breakage, but it could make for a long day on the trail. The sign at the base of the trail is a good indication of what your getting into :) we have got built JKs through it before, but not without body damage.

Other than that, let's go out and have a great time!! Meet at the maverick in town at 9AM? Convoy out from there?

Sounds like it may be out of my comfort zone for right now. I am locked f/r on 37's, but I'm not too comfortable with body damage at this point....although minor pin stripping and scratches are fine. I'd be curious to see it sometime....but likely not this time.

Rock Taco

Sounds like it may be out of my comfort zone for right now. I am locked f/r on 37's, but I'm not too comfortable with body damage at this point....although minor pin stripping and scratches are fine. I'd be curious to see it sometime....but likely not this time.

I hear Coco can't drive or spot so don't let him scare you away:eek:. Look at the last hanging tree trail report and the pictures. A couple of those TJs were on 35s locked front and rear and had no problems at all.

added link from May 2016 trip. https://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?111100-Hanging-Tree-5-21-2016

Last edited:

Coco

What vehicle you got? I bet we could get you through it. I haven't seen the trail since about this time last year, so I have no idea what the trail will be like. Your welcome to come out with us, if you get to a spot where you feel like you want to park, your welcome to jump in with me and see the rest of the trail for next time. We can turn around and head back down to get your rig once the trail is over as well. I'm not trying to pressure anyone either way, I am just trying to let people know of previous experiences on this trail is all :)

It's definitely a trail worth at least seeing if anything.

Coco

I hear Coco can't drive or spot so don't let him scare you away:eek:. Look at the last hanging tree trail report and the pictures. A couple of those TJs were on 35s locked front and rear and had no problems at all.

:rofl: thanks Troy. Like I said in the post above, I haven't seen it since last year, and was just speaking from previous experiences on this trail. We have also got many rigs through with no issues. It really just depends on how much the trail has changed is all.