Hydra-boost Questions??

BURB-STYLE

WhiTe tRash whEEling
Ok school me. I know what it is and how it works, but is it better.
It seems from what i can find that my burb should have this to stop the 40's hopefully soon to be 49's.
If the engine dies are you w/out brakes completely or is it like vacuum assist with sort of braking?
Anybody put this on a big chevy with success?? if so where did you source your mc and such and how did the install go??
Should i forget this and go to manual brakes???
any input appreciated.
TIA

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
BURB-STYLE said:
Ok school me. I know what it is and how it works, but is it better.
It seems from what i can find that my burb should have this to stop the 40's hopefully soon to be 49's.
If the engine dies are you w/out brakes completely or is it like vacuum assist with sort of braking?
Anybody put this on a big chevy with success?? if so where did you source your mc and such and how did the install go??
Should i forget this and go to manual brakes???
any input appreciated.
TIA

My 85 1 ton chevy came with this setup stock. It works very well. A couple of summers ago we were fully loaded pulling a boat to Flaming Gorge and just outside of Mountain View a dog ran across the street. I was able to lock up the wheels and stop the rig from 60 MPH and miss the dog. I left quite a set of skid marks however. They do stop better than the vacuum assist units. They get power from the power steering pump which must put out more than a stock pump. I haven't tried to find out how they work at speed when the engine dies but my guess is that they would be similar to a vacuum unit. You can find these on 1 ton trucks, and diesels (which have no vacuum).
Dave

radjeeper

"Why You Say"
I have been researching this a little as well. I spoke with Van at Vanco on the phone as well as at EJS this year, he makes and sells hydroboost kits. He has web site you can check out. He explained that the the hydroboost works like manual brakes when the engine dies. You have about one application of the brakes with power and then it reverts bake to manual. They have a steel shaft, versus a diaphram, that connects to the master cylinder. Sounds good to me. Anyone out there experinced with this?