I Drove!

April

Rusted let me drive for the first time this past weekend on Fins and Things in Moab. I'm sure he would have let me drive before but I have never asked. It was so much fun! I think he was trying to trick me into liking it so much he could have another vehicle.

I thought he was just going to let me drive for a couple minutes. That's all I really cared to do anyway, but he had me drive the entire trail. I got scared a few times and asked him to drive but he wouldn't. I'm not at all scared when he drives. I'm glad he didn't take over because it was really exciting to make it over those obstacles. I did everything except for Ken's Climb. Rusted tried to make me drive it, but I refused on that one. Now I'm kind of wishing I had kicked the family out of the jeep and tried it. I'll have to do it sometime.

Our kids were awesome on the trails, but they got tired of it after a while so we told them we would find a really neat place to fly kites. Here are some pictures of that. Fins and Things has some excellent kite areas. It was a great break for the kids.

moab9.jpg

The photographer in me is so bummed I can't get my family to pose more. This would be such a neat place for a posed portrait. I would love to have seen our family standing in front of the jeep for this shot.

moab6.jpg

moab7.jpg

Green Leader

Nice job on driving April. I was glad to meet Rusted for the first time down there. I am going to have my wife drive on our next trip this Memorial weekend coming up. I hope she does as good as you did. Sweet photos to! :D

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Flying kites and wheeling all in the same day, does life get any better? :D

I think you females outta just set date for this all girl run. Sometime over memorial...

JPNGRL44

Unhealthy Obsession
Woohoo!!

Once you start driving it is hard to go back to just being a passenger lol.

I really enjoy rock crawling and feel that it is a great way to spend time with the family outdoors. I loved it when I was a passenger, but as soon as I started driving I really became addicted :eek:

Those are some awesome photographs!! I really really want a nice family portrait, and I think it would be wicked cool to have it taken in Moab on a cool trail with the Jeep in the background. I've been looking for a photographer ;)

A girls run would be SWEET :tara:

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
we use to go in my old cj7 and she would drive a trail on saturday and I would drive on sunday... then she decided that she needs her own jeep... and that is where MY troubles began! Now I have to work on her jeep and never get time to fix mine....

But she does do all the lite maintenance stuff like oil changes, lubing, brakes....

So now instead of a trailer or tent we have to stay in the cabins or hotels... or I have to get a big truck and abigger trailer with a trailer, to haul my jeep on... it never stops does it?

Oh yeah WAY TO GO APRIL!!!!

April

I've been looking for a photographer

I would love to take portraits in these places. I love people pictures. You know the cool urbun photos that are so popular now? I think people pictures with jeeps and gorgeous scenery in the back would be even better. Rusted says jeeps and cameras don't mix, but taking pictures is my favorite part!

Here are a couple favorite pictures from past years:

group.jpg

holes.jpg

cliffhanger.jpg

cliffhanger2.jpg

JPNGRL44

Unhealthy Obsession
I would love to take portraits in these places. I love people pictures. You know the cool urbun photos that are so popular now? I think people pictures with jeeps and gorgeous scenery in the back would be even better. Rusted says jeeps and cameras don't mix, but taking pictures is my favorite part!

I would totally love to hook up and have some pictures taken!!