I have another WJ question

addifan

How about this set-up...

4" Tereflex lift with 32" tires?

I think 32's will fit. I may have to do 31's. Would this set up give me any problems?

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
32s should fit with 4", possible minor trimming necessary. I would suggest piecing your own together consisting of RE coils, JKS arms front upper/lower and rear lower using Tera's A-arm spacer and stock rear uppers, JKS trackbars, JKS QDs, and Bilstein shocks.

Or go longarms and never look back. :cool:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by crimsonride
RE doesn't make a kit for WJ's, dudes.

Discrimination.......!!!!................What's the difference on the lengths between a ZJ, XJ, TJ setup?

Just build something........get some Johnny's, heims, whatever and build what you want.

Originally posted by mbryson

Discrimination.......!!!!................What's the difference on the lengths between a ZJ, XJ, TJ setup?

Just build something........get some Johnny's, heims, whatever and build what you want.

Try it and see what happens.

That screams shimmy.

XJ and ZJ arms are the same, no diff, TJ's are usually different.
WJ's are different lengths and have different bushings so a RE kit wouldn't work unless you did something custom.

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
XJ and ZJ arms are the same, no diff, TJ's are usually different.
WJ's are different lengths and have different bushings so a RE kit wouldn't work unless you did something custom.

Yep, WJ arms are completely different. I wasn't being sarcastic about my comment on posting this on JU. You'd seriously have better luck there since there aren't any lifted WJ's over here. WJ's are quirky with their funky control arms, speed sensor that's driven from the axle tone rings vs. tc, 5x5 lug pattern, D44A, funky knuckles, funky unit bearings, funky transmission, cooling issues, blah, blah, blah....heck WJ's are just funky.

Why would anyone ever build one? :p

Brad

Originally posted by Mike_Lib
Why would anyone ever build one? :p

You get dropped on your head hard enough as a kid, you'll do just about anything I suppose. :eek:

addifan

So what's so bad about Tereflex?

Where can I get the following items?

RE coils
JKS arms front upper/lower and rear lower using Tera's A-arm spacer
JKS trackbars
JKS QDs,
Bilstein shocks (which ones are best?)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by addifan
So what's so bad about Tereflex?

Where can I get the following items?

RE coils
JKS arms front upper/lower and rear lower using Tera's A-arm spacer
JKS trackbars
JKS QDs,
Bilstein shocks (which ones are best?)

Tera has a lot of 'perceived' quality control issues (among some other things).......do some research and ensure what you buy will work for what you want to do. That said, I do have the Tera discos and after some slight mods, I'm very happy with their disconnects......:D

Listen to Mike......he's been there. Do a search on WJ lifts in the Grand Cherokee forum on JU { www.jeepsunlimited.com } and see what comes up (if you can sift through all the prissy sh!t, there is some tech there sometimes)

Brad

Extended links can be built fairly easily, you will likely need the A-arm spacer. All your JKS and RE parts can be purchased directly from the manufacturer, or get in touch with Nick Ianuzzi (kolak@aol.com). His prices are hard to beat.

I was unhappy with everything Tera on my Jeep except their QDs. The control arms were sloppy (5TPI) and the bushings would disintegrate quickly, and their front springs sagged badly in spite of my extended bumpstops. I netted 2" of lift from my 4" springs. :rolleyes: Can't say I've ever talked to someone running their ZJ or WJ kits who was happy with it.

2002DUB

If you dont want to go huge then go with what I told you to do in the PM
All of the guys on this board know what they are talking about more than I do but here is my .02
if you want to save money go with the OME+BB lift
if money is no concern get some longarms from clayton and some 4 inch springs from RK or Tera and then build around that
I run the OME+BB lift because I cant afford the Clayton kit right now maybe one day when I grow up I will have it though:p

Originally posted by RedRock5.9
Extended links can be built fairly easily, you will likely need the A-arm spacer. All your JKS and RE parts can be purchased directly from the manufacturer, or get in touch with Nick Ianuzzi (kolak@aol.com). His prices are hard to beat.

I was unhappy with everything Tera on my Jeep except their QDs. The control arms were sloppy (5TPI) and the bushings would disintegrate quickly, and their front springs sagged badly in spite of my extended bumpstops. I netted 2" of lift from my 4" springs. :rolleyes: Can't say I've ever talked to someone running their ZJ or WJ kits who was happy with it.

Man, how many times do we have to go through this. Your arms sucked because your ran short arms at 8 inches. They were threaded out to where the threads were showing. When they're threaded out that far, or anything over their intended 4 inches (3 for zj's) you only are left with about an inch of contacting threads and a whole crapload of stress on them. Of course they're going to wear out and get play in them. You're lucky you didn't strip them, and of course they would puke the grease out, you had no more seal to hold it in. Sorry to rip on you but the reason they sucked was your fault. Oh and tera doesn't make a 4" zj spring, highest it goes is three, they must have been TJ's rated for a six, and my friend your 5.9 is much heavier than that.
Truth is that tera arms aren't that bad if you use them for what they're inteded for, and the springs aren't that bad either when they're holding the proper weight.

Addifan, if your'e going to lift it more than 2" do long arms. It's worth the money, all WJ's with short arm lifts have terrible shimmy problems that suck to deal with. The tera kit angles the control arms and uses new mounts to deal with this but still they get bad problems. Clayton is the way to go, I would stay away from RK they've had some bad problems with torque arms breaking, that's always ugly.

Brad

Man, how many times do we have to go through this. Your arms sucked because your ran short arms at 8 inches. They were threaded out to where the threads were showing. When they're threaded out that far, or anything over their intended 4 inches (3 for zj's) you only are left with about an inch of contacting threads and a whole crapload of stress on them. Of course they're going to wear out and get play in them. You're lucky you didn't strip them, and of course they would puke the grease out, you had no more seal to hold it in. Sorry to rip on you but the reason they sucked was your fault. Oh and tera doesn't make a 4" zj spring, highest it goes is three, they must have been TJ's rated for a six, and my friend your 5.9 is much heavier than that.
Truth is that tera arms aren't that bad if you use them for what they're inteded for, and the springs aren't that bad either when they're holding the proper weight.

Addifan, if your'e going to lift it more than 2" do long arms. It's worth the money, all WJ's with short arm lifts have terrible shimmy problems that suck to deal with. The tera kit angles the control arms and uses new mounts to deal with this but still they get bad problems. Clayton is the way to go, I would stay away from RK they've had some bad problems with torque arms breaking, that's always ugly.

Sorry but the sloppy arms were from well before the 7" of lift. At 4" they were sloppy, the additional lift certainly didn't help but the slop problem seems to occur regardless of lift height. Since we're getting picky about numbers, technically they are 3.5" springs, netting 2" is not acceptable. :rolleyes: I understand you're crippled into liking Tera because they ultimately cut your paycheck, but you're alone in your corner as a fan of their product. Sorry, no hard feelings but like you said, we've been over this and apparently you need it in writing.