I have another WJ question

Originally posted by RedRock5.9

Sorry but the sloppy arms were from well before the 7" of lift. At 4" they were sloppy, the additional lift certainly didn't help but the slop problem seems to occur regardless of lift height. Since we're getting picky about numbers, technically they are 3.5" springs, netting 2" is not acceptable. :rolleyes: I understand you're crippled into liking Tera because they ultimately cut your paycheck, but you're alone in your corner as a fan of their product. Sorry, no hard feelings but like you said, we've been over this and apparently you need it in writing.

WRONG! They are not technically 3.5" and never have been. The only kit offered for grands is a 3 (THREE) inch kit. Part # 3Z the "3" standing for the number of inches of lift provided. So you either have the 4" TJ spring, not rated for the weight of your jeep or the 3" zj spring, also not rated for the weight of your jeep. That all summed up it really is acceptable to expect your springs to sag when you load them like that. While we're on the topic, they're not 5 TPI, they're 12 TPI. I'm not a fan or anything like that I'm just saying they really aren't crap, they're decent, and I can say this since I have experience with these on many more levels than you do. When you rip on a product you better know what you're talking about because what you say affects the company's reputation and that's no small thing for the dudes working there. Plus you're my brother so I can rip on you and it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
Originally posted by crimsonride

WRONG! They are not technically 3.5" and never have been. The only kit offered for grands is a 3 (THREE) inch kit. Part # 3Z the "3" standing for the number of inches of lift provided. So you either have the 4" TJ spring, not rated for the weight of your jeep or the 3" zj spring, also not rated for the weight of your jeep. That all summed up it really is acceptable to expect your springs to sag when you load them like that. While we're on the topic, they're not 5 TPI, they're 12 TPI. I'm not a fan or anything like that I'm just saying they really aren't crap, they're decent, and I can say this since I have experience with these on many more levels than you do. When you rip on a product you better know what you're talking about because what you say affects the company's reputation and that's no small thing for the dudes working there. Plus you're my brother so I can rip on you and it doesn't matter.

Check Tera's online catalog, S3Z is listed as a 3.5" lift. :rolleyes: The extra .7 litres really should have little to no effect on lift height, my 6" XJ coils have only lost .25" due to the weight of 2 extra cylinders, another 1.9 liters, and a brushguard. And yes, my lower arms were 5TPI, my kit was one of the first Flexarm kits and they were indeed 5TPI then, verified by my own measurement. They may have improved upon that, as I recall the cross section display you have at Mepco is a much finer thread than my arms were. You have experience selling these things, I have experience running them - who's opinion benefits addifan more? Though I'm not a fan of Tera's ZJ/WJ products, I will say they've come a long way from a few years ago.

All is cool. :D

Last edited:

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Why don't both of you (Chris and Brad) be quiet and come up to Steve's house for the party!

Besides, i know more, I've been there longer. So you are both wrong (somehow)

:D

Originally posted by RedRock5.9

Check Tera's online catalog, S3Z is listed as a 3.5" lift. :rolleyes: The extra .7 litres really should have little to no effect on lift height, my 6" XJ coils have only lost .25" due to the weight of 2 extra cylinders, another 1.9 liters, and a brushguard. And yes, my lower arms were 5TPI, my kit was one of the first Flexarm kits and they were indeed 5TPI then, verified by my own measurement. They may have improved upon that, as I recall the cross section display you have at Mepco is a much finer thread than my arms were. You have experience selling these things, I have experience running them - who's opinion benefits addifan more? Though I'm not a fan of Tera's ZJ/WJ products, I will say they've come a long way from a few years ago.

All is cool. :D

For the record, you have experience running the old arms at 6 and 8 inches of lift, make that known when you complain about them. You may have driving a vehicle with them for longer than I but you have no means of comparison, ever driven a jeep with skyjacker, or a RE kit, or Tuff or any other manufacturer for that matter. I have and I know where they stand compared to other arms. And when I say they're a decent kit and they're decent quality, I know that to be true from well rounded experience. I know the qualities of most lift kits and I know how they feel on a jeep so I can say from experience that they rate well compared to the rest of the market.
I'd say your experience of driving a jeep with an obsolete kit at an unintended heigth under an unintended jeep is worthless to addifan and my experience having driven multiple jeeps with modern kits, having experience with the rest of the market, and knowing countless satisfied people running the right kit under the right jeep is far more valuble to him.
Skyjacker uses the same coil rating for a zj as they do for a xj. Tera uses a specific spring rate for each different vehicle. Your skyjacker coils are new and like you said the tera kit was one of the first models, I would expect it to sag in time under that heavy jeep.
Enough hi-jacking , back to the topic for Addifan.
If you want to know about lift kits and their qualities you should look at the web sites to find info because you'll find that most of what you get on forums is hear-say and personal oppinions from people that really don't know what they're talking about. I'm guilty too.

...what are you talking about brett? Are you on a computer at a party? Go get some man.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Just for reference, I don't think the 5.9 is any heavier than the 5.2--at least not the block. The extra displacement is due to longer stroke. From what I've read, the 4.0 block is heavier than the 318 block, but the extra-curriculars of the v8 may make it heavier--I don't know.

I ran RE arms at 8" of lift with no problems other than the ****ty ride of 8" short arms. RE and JKS arms are better than Tera arms. If reality offends, then be offended.

RK kits are ill received in most circles.

Tera has always marketed it's S3Z kit as 3.5", and their bushings have had problems for years. I can find dozens of real life measurements of wheel center/fender lip of ZJ's running S3Z coils that net 3.5" and some that have sagged. Whether or not they sag faster than other coils is up for debate.

The cost of Clayton't kit would be comparable to a custom built kit by many of our glorius forum members. Rocklogic, Anarchy, Jeepers, Factory Tubular, can all build quality products that will be comparable. The one advantage of Clayton's arms is that you know exactly what the finished product is.

There is an absolute gold mine of information available from peopel with real world experience. I'd much rather have the oppinion of someone who has used a product personally over time than someone who has ridden in a jeep that has a prodcut on it. is it fair to judge the ride quality of 4.5" RE ZJ coils by riding in my junk? Unfortunately, every ZJ/WJ seems to react differently to the same products. I know people that have run ther s4w kits into the ground without problems, and I know people that had the same kit and were spitting out bushings and modifying components for clearance etc. The point it, there is much more useful information to be had by talking to people that have experienced it. I have never gone into any 4x4 parts store to ask a question. I don't want 11 dollars an hour worth of a 19 y/o's 'expert' oppinions. That being said, I don't know **** either.

Brett---whats the part number of the Chrome Manik grill guard and matching tube steps? Thats all you chumps sell anyways :D :D ;)

Cody

Last edited:

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Originally posted by GroceryGetter

Brett---whats the part number of the Chrome Manik grill guard and matching tube steps? Thats all you chumps sell anyways :D :D ;)

Cody

MCHROMESHIZIT is the part number for the grill and MCHROMESHIZIT2 is the second one :D

damn