I just opened a Roth IRA, and am ready to invest in the stock market

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
It’s pretty ugly today but a lot of “experts” are saying this is hedge funds’ last ditch effort. Hopefully all of the new investors that wanted in on the craze aren’t selling, otherwise the rest of us may be screwed.

I guess we’ll see 😬

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
This is why the reddit nerds say to hold fast. I don't know if I buy it but I also don't have money in GME. The pic is of the short squeeze on VW in 2008.

ydyq5016x2f61.jpg

N-Smooth

I just bought my first GME shares.... $1200 worth @ $112. Sure hope this is true!

Lost my ass on BB.
I can barely read this through my tears but welcome, brother. I just closed out my holdings on RH at a loss (traitors) but I'm still hopeful we take off.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Yep, this is how something like this supposed to look. If you didn't sell high after buying low, you flushed your cash
Technically you don't make or lose money until you sell. That's what I keep telling myself :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yeah, that was exactly my question. Was anybody smart enough to get out at the bubble?

I guess I'm saying "I told you so"? As big of a deal it is to pick the right stock, security, bond, option etc, it's CRITICAL to get out when you've made your $. Stick it back into a safe fund or something until the next thing (I haven't figured out how to "park" $ like that yet, thus my investments are just funds)

N-Smooth

I guess I'm saying "I told you so"? As big of a deal it is to pick the right stock, security, bond, option etc, it's CRITICAL to get out when you've made your $. Stick it back into a safe fund or something until the next thing (I haven't figured out how to "park" $ like that yet, thus my investments are just funds)
I guess I'm saying "NO RAGRETS"

N-Smooth

At the end of the day it’s not like I’m going to zero right now or anything. I have shares in a company that is worth something and apparently they’re making some changes in their executive committee and trying to adapt to the changing gaming market. At least that’s what other people that also have shares are saying and I’m believing it because it makes me feel better.

All of this nonsense is just gambling. There’s no way around that in my mind. I only put down money I can afford to lose but that doesn’t mean I don’t wish I could have it back 🤷