I just opened a Roth IRA, and am ready to invest in the stock market

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Thanks for the heads up, I just threw $250 at it. I'm saving some $ for gun and ammo stocks when (I assume) they go on sale shortly.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
So I looked at GME on Friday when it was ~$65 and didn't buy. Let's just say I'm full of regret right now...

Even worse, I put it on my list on 1/8 when it was $17. If only.

It's easy to look at what you could have made and feel like you missed the boat. There will be others... I have a hard time with staying in a stock that is supposed to gain over time, but is showing losses early on. I had some BB last week and sold it, it went from $13 to $19 today.

RockChucker

This GME stock feels a bit like Tesla stock. No real reason it should be as high as it is other than people are buying it. Honestly doesn't feel any different than cryptocurrency in late 2017. Just my .02. Does make me wish I was paying a little closer attention and rode the wave though.

Greg

Admin
There is some pretty interesting stuff going on at Reddit and the WSB (WallStreetBets) subforum, those guys are pouring money into GME, PLTR, BB, NIO, etc. It's driving Jim Cramer and older investors crazy, because these guys are driving prices to places they shouldn't be going.

N-Smooth

There is some pretty interesting stuff going on at Reddit and the WSB (WallStreetBets) subforum, those guys are pouring money into GMB, PLTR, BB, NIO, etc. It's driving Jim Cramer and older investors crazy, because these guys are driving prices to places they shouldn't be going.
oh man reading that stuff is very reminiscent of when I was last on there with crypto stuff in '17. entertaining to say the least

RockChucker

There is some pretty interesting stuff going on at Reddit and the WSB (WallStreetBets) subforum, those guys are pouring money into GMB, PLTR, BB, NIO, etc. It's driving Jim Cramer and older investors crazy, because these guys are driving prices to places they shouldn't be going.
Guess that was bound to happen when you have companies like robinhood making trading super accessible and I think commission free (?). More people getting in the game that don't fit the typical investor. And because they aren't typical, they are breaking investment prediction models LOL

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
So I'm interested in starting to do a little dabbling in this type of thing besides my normal work 401k. Lets just say I want to throw 1k in a account. What trading site are you guys using and any particular benefit ?

Greg

Admin
So I'm interested in starting to do a little dabbling in this type of thing besides my normal work 401k. Lets just say I want to throw 1k in a account. What trading site are you guys using and any particular benefit ?

I started out using Robinhood because it was simple, free and easy.

Not long ago, I changed to TD Ameritrade because I can trade within a Roth Account and not have to pay capital gains. ;)

If you trade with Robinhood, you'll need to pay taxes on your gains.

****DISCLAIMER​

I’m not a certified financial planner/advisor nor a certified financial analyst nor an economist nor a CPA nor an accountant nor a lawyer. I’m not a finance professional.****

:cody:

N-Smooth

I use robinhood.

Watching GME rise and reading the reddit comments is so fun. I'm up 51% on it right now.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I use robinhood.

Watching GME rise and reading the reddit comments is so fun. I'm up 51% on it right now.
I don't have any GME positions but I have the chart up today just watching it go... crazy.
NOK is being spammed around too, I bought some but I don't expect it to do much.