I Need a New Laptop

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Mine crashed.... What is the general census on favorite brands? I have been reading good things about HP. My uses will be mostly surfing and watching videos/movies. However, if my desktop crashes again I won't be replacing it so I will be relying on the laptop for everything.

Input?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I really like the Dell Latitude D6xx series. Decent machines, respectable price and you can avoid Vista if you desire. You'll have to order as a "business" to get the Vista delete if that's important to you.

JoeT

I've had a Dell M140 for almost 3 years now. It's worked flawless for me since day 1. I did bump the memory up and will swap in a larger HD sometime.

Green Leader

I would say to actually switch over to MAC. I have built and repaired PC's as side hobby for 15 years. i switched to a MAC this year and plan on never looking back.

Last edited:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I really like the Dell Latitude D6xx series. Decent machines, respectable price and you can avoid Vista if you desire. You'll have to order as a "business" to get the Vista delete if that's important to you.

The laptop that blew was a Dell. I was wondering if I should change or not...

Green Leader

The laptop that blew was a Dell. I was wondering if I should change or not...

I will say this to buy a computer from a manufacturer I have always had the best of luck with Dell. HP is coming along but still kind of crap. So if you are going to stay with the windows crowd go and check out PC Laptops. We just bought 2 Laptops for work and they are really nice. It almost turned me back to PC's but I stood strong. Otherwise get a MAC.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
My laptop is an HP, I really can't say a whole lot of good about it. I can say that Vista sux.

My last one was a Toshiba running XP and that thing was grreat! Right up till I backed over it with my truck.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I think Dells are great for the average person, we just bought our 3rd Dell. My laptop is 3 yrs old and going strong, we just bought a new Dell home PC and got it well-loaded, with a 24" flat screen, big hard drive and tons of memory. It is loaded with Vista, but it hasn't been an issue. It's fast and looks great, I also found a coupon and got $200 off, on top of 0% financing for 9 months. It'll be paid off when we get the tax returns, but 0% has been nice in the meantime.

Green Leader

My laptop is an HP, I really can't say a whole lot of good about it. I can say that Vista sux.

My last one was a Toshiba running XP and that thing was grreat! Right up till I backed over it with my truck.

Yeah that will pretty much do in any computer.:rofl:

I forgot about Toshiba, I actually have a tablet XP by Toshiba was a great labtop but the hard drive motor burned up on it. but was great when it ran.

Still isn't a MAC. :rofl: Apple should pay me for plugin em'.

Green Leader

I think Dells are great for the average person, we just bought our 3rd Dell. My laptop is 3 yrs old and going strong, we just bought a new Dell home PC and got it well-loaded, with a 24" flat screen, big hard drive and tons of memory. It is loaded with Vista, but it hasn't been an issue. It's fast and looks great, I also found a coupon and got $200 off, on top of 0% financing for 9 months. It'll be paid off when we get the tax returns, but 0% has been nice in the meantime.

Yeah Dell is always running some kind of deal, with rebates and what have you. If you take the time and are a good haggler you can get them to go cheaper.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
You could always go visit Olly @ PC Laptops. I've been extremely please with my PC Laptop, its every bit as reliable as my Dell was, and 1/2 the price to boot. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. Of course their commercials do bring the suck!

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
PC laptops half the price of a dell??

Did the sky fall! They build awesome laptops but usually a high premium, in the past. Very good quality!

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Shawn - what went out on the laptop? It might be very easy to repair.

:rofl::rofl: Well, the panel were the power button fell off, one of the hinges holding the screen broke so my screen flops around, and now it won't even boot. Ya, it's done... :D