I think I screwed up...

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
My next door neighbor has had this POS old broke down motorhome parked next to the street, close to our property line. Cats have been living it it, there's mold and trash inside, etc. Its NASTY. My neighbor is an elderly woman, she asked me to help her get rid of the motorhome.

She didn't want anything for it, I agreed to post a ad, listing it for free, as long as it gets hauled away. Its a GM chassis.... has a 454, TH400 and probably a 14 bolt. :eek: I posted it yesterday, have a guy that wants it, but he is being super-flakey. Was supposed to be here at Noon... its now 4:30.

The axle isn't worth much, the TH400 is worth a bit IMO, but that 454.... that's worth a decent amount.

It sure would be a killer drivetrain in a Dirt Muscle Car!

Wondering if I should tell the flakey guy its been called for and keep it for myself, tackle breaking the body down and scrapping it, yanking out the engine and trans and either keep it for later, or just sell those parts. Is the profit worth the effort? My initial thought is, no.

20200513_135924.jpg

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I've torn down campers within a day before. Call it 2 days, and a couple hundred dollars to throw it all away. Scrap the heavy stuff. If you have a good use for the motor and trans, it may be worth it.

Greg

Admin
I can imagine Katherine's new mobile cat pen, double win. Baja in it will be amazing! Don't be selfish

It's had cats living in it for years already, so that part isn't much of a stretch.

As far as driving it anywhere, that's never going to happen. It's disgusting inside, the best remodel it could get is one that starts with a lit match.

Greg

Admin
Flakey guy is here now, trying to tow it away... he had to air up all the tires, swap a rear to the front and test the brakes.... my 454 and TH400 might as well be long gone.

Oh well, at least the neighborhood will look less trashy and thats all that matters.