I want to go on a ride...

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I want to go on a ride... on my KLR. :-\ The streets in my neighborhood are snowpacked and the high tomorrow is supposed to be 33 degrees. I wonder how airing down motorcycle tires would work on snowpacked roads. Might have to find out! :greg:

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Do you have an old tire that you can use sheet metal screws in the knobs? I think it would be a riot.

allterrain

AllTerrain
I looked at my poor chilly KDX and thought the same thing Greg. I just need a little more snow and a little less sanity... :)

Last edited:

Paul R

:rofl:
I can't wait to hear how this turns out!
I have ridden a CR on a snowpacked trail and it was very unpredictable to say the least...

Coco

just dont crash, we need someone to finish the TJ....Oh wait, if you do crash I GET FIRST DIBS ON THE TJ!!!:p

skybob

I saw someone riding a bicycle down 193 in Layton on Wed. morning at about 6:00 AM. If he can do it, so can you! Plus yours has an engine, you don't even have to pedal

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I took my KTM300XC out for a ride with a few friends recently... Other than the rear tires passing the front, and one guy busting through 4" of ice with his knee caps it was a pretty fun ride--expecially in the powder! I'd avoid the hard icy stuff at all possible though...

Or better yet a bunch of us could all meet down south for a dirtbike run in the area's that aren't covered with snow......

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
Suisuki, crimsonride and I did Rattlesnake/Constrictor in the winter, don't think I'll be doing that again.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Well, I just got back from a brisk 15 min ride... it's currently 17* in Fruita, :eek: I really needed to go out, my DRZ just got back from the shop yesterday after having the engine rebuilt. I wanted to make sure it was running right! I crossed some packed snow/ice on my street & the rest of the roads were clear. No problems with slipping, but I made sure to keep it pointed straight & be easy on the power.

The bike ran great, got it up to 80 & backed off. Took a cruise around Fruita & then headed back home. As I pulled into my neighborhood, & throttled it in 2nd gear & rode a wheelie up the street... yep, more power! After I set it down, I see... another motorcycle coming out of my neighborhood! I think we were both surprised to see each other! In the end, my jeans suck at keeping me warm & my chin froze. Things to remember next time I venture out in mid-teen temps. ;)