Ideas for Supporting the Board....

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I recently had to increase the amount of Bandwidth that the site is taking up, and I have been considering diffrent ways to cover the rising costs. (I want to encourageing posting Pictures on here, don't worry about taking up Bandwith and not post them!) I was thinking I could cover the costs with the RME.com stickers, but it isn't going to cover the costs over time.

I don't want advertising, popups, or membership fees. I want to keep this 'board free to anyone who comes and goes without annoying advertisment. Heres what I was thinking and I want all of your feedback.

How about a Raffle for a Winch? If there is enough intrest here was the idea I had: 50 Tickets at $20 each, you can purchase up to 5 tickets. Sell tickets untill all 50 are gone, then have a drawing.

I could cover the costs of the Winch, pay for hosting costs (Over about a year) and afford the new vBulletin Software coming out in January.

I want to hear if you guys are intrested in this and who would really want to participate in the Raffle. So far, the monthly Hosting cost has been coming out fo my pocket and I need to change that! I'm not rich!! :D

rustybronco

Flat Land Offroader
I'm not rich either, but I'm willing to help you out Greg to keep the site going. It's keeping me sane living out here without rocks! I'd buy a ticket or two.

MattL

i am in. you getting a hook up on the winch or other tems from local shops or what?

how else could one help besides a sticker or a raffle ticket?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'm in for a few tickets. The raffle thing would be pretty cool. Maybe we could even get Six States {is Andy listening?} to cut you a deal on the winch to make it as 'profitable' as possible.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
HE HE... You want it?!!! No, seriously, you want it? It's gonna go mondo cheapo. In fact... I'll post a thread for it right now.