If the avalanches don't kill you...

SnwMnkys

Damn someones going to get sued. Is that what all those noises were last night? I thought they were training up at the police range or something.

R

rockdog

Wow, I was in the back yard and heard it hit. I told my wife they must be demolishing something at geneva. Glad it did'nt land in my back yard. Me and the pup would have been toast. And even worse than that, I'd of missed the moab trip this weekend. :eek:

Cory

How far do those shells travel??? Provo Canyon to Pleasant Grove is a ways. Did it shoot all the way over the south end of Timp and then land in PG?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Maximum Range........................11,500 m w/Chg 7
..................................................14,000 m w/Chg 8
..................................................19,000 m w/M913 RAP

I'm metric stupid, so I converted that to regular distances.. ;)

11500 meter = 7.1457687 mile
14000 meter = 8.6991967 mile
19000 meter = 11.8060527 mile

obviously that's for military rounds, and I'm not sure if that's the same kind of howitzer, but you get the picture...
Someone's gonna have a nice vacation out of this.

V-DAWG

someday
mbryson said:
????....... I just reread that and didn't find any incorrect uses of 'there' or 'their'.....??? I coulda missed something, I'm sure.

6th Paragraph: There is a big hole in the ground where the shell impacted, but the shrapnel went in all directions and ripped right through there house and as far away as across the street.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
V-DAWG said:
6th Paragraph: There is a big hole in the ground where the shell impacted, but the shrapnel went in all directions and ripped right through there house and as far away as across the street.

Gotcha......I only saw one other their.....

81Ramchargerman

As soon as I got out of shock, I would be down at the UDOT finding out who put my son's/family/my life in danger and I would kicking some a** :rolleyes: oh well, I guess it was just a howitzer round :eek: :ugh: no big deal :rolleyes: :p :rofl: Seriously sux for that family though, but they should set for life I would think...

DrMoab

This isn't the first time this has happend. Poweder MTN lost one 25odd years ago that destroyed a house in Ogden. Well it wasn't quite a house. It had only been framed in but you get the point.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
When they shoot at work in the wee hours of the morning, you can watch these shell's fly at it's target. I must say, they don't fly in a straight line and a little breeze can push them just right.... These rounds are quite large and I'm suprised that the hole isn't larger. :eek: