If the avalanches don't kill you...

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Actually the thing I find most odd is the part where it took them a while to figure out what it was and to trace it back to u-dot. So they are up there blasting away...Hey bubba aim for that biggum over yonder...yea ok. Oh man we missed....well maybe no one will notice. I mean if you miss the mountain wouldn't you feel it was you responsibility to drive to the other side of the mountain and see what your 150mm shell blew up? At least call someone? 911 maybe..yea um this is a Bubba if there is a big explosion it may be u-dot's fault give them a call.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
well, I don't know how UDOT does it, but at work half the time you can't see the mountain due to snow conditions. The guns have settings on them for spacific shots. After a shot is fired they lissen to see if it explodes, if not they mark it down and go back in the summer and try and find all the un-exploded shells and detinate them. Kinda weird hearing explosions on the mountain in the spring/summer...
Remember, this is old WW2 surplus stuff, it is common for a shell not to go off. UDOT might have just thought it was an un-exploded shell.

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Ok that makes more sense, but at the same time makes it more scary to hike or live across from from nordic valley and Powder Mountain.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Pfft... 105mm shells are nothing!

heheh. Just walk far around the brass thing in the woods, you'll be ok. ;)

I think that would be a fun job, blowing up cornices and slabs.