I'm building a another 14 bolt front axle.

cheepin

When I see 14 bolt, I hear banjo music playing in my head... I know they are strong and you can shave them but you can also shave other axles... IMO if you are going as far as a 14 bolt, you might as well just go for the whole rockwell idea.

Why?Then you have a whole bunch of other problems.Not very easy to build a low rig with rocks.Out of the box you pretty much can't beat a 14bolt.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Why?Then you have a whole bunch of other problems.Not very easy to build a low rig with rocks.Out of the box you pretty much can't beat a 14bolt.

Not to be too argumentative, but a 60 pretty much beats a 14 bolt "out of the box" because there's no box with a front 14bolt in it. :D

cheepin

Not to be too argumentative, but a 60 pretty much beats a 14 bolt "out of the box" because there's no box with a front 14bolt in it. :D

I agree when talking about a front axle.As for a rear I like the 14bolt.I wouldn't bother building a 14bolt front either.Rocks are strong as hell.But just too dam big to deal with.I mean if I was to put rocks under my rig.It would be WAY taller.Without totally reworking the rig that is.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Agreed. 14 bolts are cheap. And easy. But much less so when it's a front end. :D

I agree when talking about a front axle.As for a rear I like the 14bolt.I wouldn't bother building a 14bolt front either.Rocks are strong as hell.But just too dam big to deal with.I mean if I was to put rocks under my rig.It would be WAY taller.Without totally reworking the rig that is.