Initiative 1

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Aside from the tax increase, I think that this would be a slap in the face to those that have/do work so hard to make Utah such a great place to live. If they are doing such a bad job, why is our air and water so much cleaner than it was 30 , 20 years ago?? As I see it (just my opinion), the monies raised by this tax will probably be used to fund projects that are already getting funded, then those funds will be diverted elsewhere. Or worse even, funding for projects that are needed/wanted will be withheld because the poloticians will want the money to come from Initiative 1 moneys. What a mess!

Last edited:

britney

Queen of Chit!!
Good point OCNORB, it would be a slap in the face to the work already done.

Besides, if I wanted my money going to a non-profit organization, shouldn't I decide who it goes to.
A tax hike to credit whomever can cry the loudest is BS!!

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Final Results

FOR 158667 49.87%

Against 159524 50.13%

To close, but we still win :greg:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
WOops those other numbers were just for SL County here are the state wide.

Reporting 98.59% Against 1,885 55.16% FOR 450,407 44.84% 366,179

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
trd270 said:

And so we live to wheel again tomorrow! Kinda brings it to the homefront when people who have never been out on a trail have the power to make decisions on something they know nothing about. We as local wheelers need to keep our trails in good condition so we will have them in the future. KENNETH !!

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Just goes to show that if they ever try to pass this for SL County we ALL have to go vote, only a 857 vote spread.

If you live in SL County and didn't vote SHAME ON YOU :rofl:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
trd270 said:
Just goes to show that if they ever try to pass this for SL County we ALL have to go vote, only a 857 vote spread.

If you live in SL County and didn't vote SHAME ON YOU :rofl:
Sl county has a lot more liberals than any other. Outstanding results. :D

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Hickey said:
Sl county has a lot more liberals than any other. Outstanding results. :D

Just looking at the numbers and the only counties it won in was summit and grand.

Damn Park City hippies -_-

Cory

Last night before I went to bed, the news was predicting it would pass by 55% based on exit polls. The news was interviewing Nature Conservancy People and the greens were having a big party, all happy, cheering, etc. I'd like to see their party now. :rofl:

I think this would have passed if we hadn't got the word out. I talked to at least 10 people who were going to vote for it, until I told them more about it. Good job everyone.