Initiative 1

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Cory said:
The news was interviewing Nature Conservancy People and the greens were having a big party, all happy, cheering, etc. I'd like to see their party now. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cory said:
I talked to at least 10 people who were going to vote for it, until I told them more about it. Good job everyone.

I had this happen as well, "no this is good for us" broke it down for them and "man thats not so good for us'

Medical Beniffits and hey what about when i die, i would want you to be able to receive my dead rotting corps....well and there's that $250,000 GI Life Insurance......but....since you dont care :-\

Cory

EarthPig2/75 said:
Medical Beniffits and hey what about when i die, i would want you to be able to receive my dead rotting corps....well and there's that $250,000 GI Life Insurance......but....since you dont care :-\
:confused: :confused: :confused:

tv_larsen

LOL

http://tv.ksl.com/index.php?nid=146&sid=130564

Open Space Initiative Supporters Puzzled by Loss
Nov. 4, 2004
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Two days later, backers of the Open Space Initiative are still puzzled over how the ballot measure lost.

Supporters spent more than a million dollars, and had several endorsements from notable Utah residents. Several polls predicted the initiative would win big.

But when voters flocked to the polls Tuesday, the measure stumbled to a 10-point defeat.

The initiative called for a 150 (M)million dollar bond to purchase and preserve watersheds, wildlife habitat and ranch and farm land.

Only two Utah counties -- Summit and Grand -- ended up voting for it.

It was pummeled in rural counties, and ended up losing in Salt Lake County -- where supporters said they needed a big win.
:rofl: