Is a KTM 300XC W For Me?

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
No, for reals. Everyone I have talked to that owns one says there are hands down the best for trail riding. It's the love child of all the good things about the Yamaha and ktm combined. Except without E-start... But if you want e start, you might as well just buy a RZR.

Caleb

The one thing I found when I had my 300 that I really liked is how the two strokes carry their weight differently than a four stroke. You can take a 250lb four stroke and a 250lb two stroke and the 2 stroke will feel TONS lighter. The weight on the two stroke is all down low. I loved my 300, and will likely add a 200 to my garage some time in the future but I also am addicted to the power of my 500. :) If you haven't picked one up before this weekend, I'll bring my 500 back from my cabin and let you borrow it. Then you will be really confused on which bike to get :D

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
The one thing I found when I had my 300 that I really liked is how the two strokes carry their weight differently than a four stroke. You can take a 250lb four stroke and a 250lb two stroke and the 2 stroke will feel TONS lighter. The weight on the two stroke is all down low. I loved my 300, and will likely add a 200 to my garage some time in the future but I also am addicted to the power of my 500. :) If you haven't picked one up before this weekend, I'll bring my 500 back from my cabin and let you borrow it. Then you will be really confused on which bike to get :D
Great,,, more confusion... :rofl:

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Anyone recommend a specific dealer?

I may be a bit biased, but after shopping around, call RMATV in St. George. With the snow coming to the higher elevations up here, you could break it in on some great singletrack down south. They'll throw in a $200 RMATV gift card too.

Caleb

I've bought a couple bikes from Edge. I've received friendly service, but nothing that makes me want to shop there. However, every time I'm in St. George, I stop by the RMATV showroom and the guys are always awesome. Next time I'm buying a new bike, it'll more than likely be from there.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
One of the major factors in deciding to sell my KTM, was that the Edge Dealer was miserable to work with.

However, others have had much better experiences.

I was going to call them in the AM. PM me your thoughts, if you would like.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I've bought a couple bikes from Edge. I've received friendly service, but nothing that makes me want to shop there. However, every time I'm in St. George, I stop by the RMATV showroom and the guys are always awesome. Next time I'm buying a new bike, it'll more than likely be from there.
RMATV = Rocky Mountain ATV?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I was going to call them in the AM. PM me your thoughts, if you would like.
I am one of the few that has a mostly positive experience with The Edge.......but that is mostly due to the fact that I only deal with the owners of the company and we are on their race team. I have talked to Bryan about others experiences with the company and as far as I know he always makes good when there is a problem brought to his attention. The big problem is that he does not always know when somebody is not happy. With that said, the Gomeric's who used to own the dealership before they sold out to RMATV still run it and are great people who have a passion for the support and treat customers great.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Correct. They bought a dealership in St. George (I've been told, so they could sell OEM parts) a few years ago. They also have one in Helper but I've never been to that one.

Helper does not carry KTM. Only Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Polaris, Can Am

Caleb

Helper does not carry KTM. Only Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Polaris, Can Am

That makes perfect sense. It completes their major lines (to be able to sell OEM for all brands) as I believe St. George only sells KTM, Husqvarna, and Kawasaki. Or at least those are all they ever have when I've stopped in.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
They just picked up the Kawasaki & Can Am locally when the other dealership here locally was bought out by somebody else who then sold it to RMATV. That other dealership also had Arctic Cat, but I am not sure if they kept taht line or not.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I went with a friend who bought a ktm in St. George. Great folks to work with.
The Edge and ADS are just alright. I think the EDGE wanted 7 or 8 hundred over retail compared to everyone else (who was asking just list price) when I bought my 2015 Husky 300.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Well, put my deposit on a six days version today. Now the waiting game. I'll get it right about..... snow season, yeah!