is anyone running a stak 3 speed????

smokenrocks

hello.. i am getting ready to purchase a new tcase.. i want a stak 3 speed, but would like to hear about the good and bad about this tcase from those of you who use this setup.. any info would be great

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I have been looking at them. They seem like killer solution for a lot of applications. Let us know what you find out and if you end up getting one.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I dont have one yet but.......Its what I plan on getting. I will be running ford motor and tranny but I have a chev D60. The stak will eliminate this problem. They also have clocking rings like an atlas so you can move it to where you need it. The rep told me they were about 6 weeks out so if you need it soon you better get it ordered.

fergusor

I really like mine. The one bad thing is it is really heavy and you have to support the back side of the tcase. If you dont you will break the tranny case.

Craig S

Commando
I don't know much about Stack, but the Atlas 4spd is real nice. Lighter than Stack,one more gear ratio, plus smooth shifting.

hello.. i am getting ready to purchase a new tcase.. i want a stak 3 speed, but would like to hear about the good and bad about this tcase from those of you who use this setup.. any info would be great

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I'd rather have the Stax 1:1, 3:1, 5:1 ratios than the Atlas 1:1, 2.0:1, 2.7:1 & 5.4:1 or 1.1, 2.7:1, 3.8:1 & 10.3:1. The middle ratios are so close together I can't see a big advantage and then the jump all the way up to 10:1 would be almost useless in all but a fwe situations.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
the atlas 1:1, 2:1...5.4:1 would be bitchen. I think 3:1 is too low to be useful for something other than crawlin, where 2:1 would be awesome for dunes and such. Different strokes though for sure.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
I'd rather have the Stax 1:1, 3:1, 5:1 ratios than the Atlas 1:1, 2.0:1, 2.7:1 & 5.4:1 or 1.1, 2.7:1, 3.8:1 & 10.3:1. The middle ratios are so close together I can't see a big advantage and then the jump all the way up to 10:1 would be almost useless in all but a fwe situations.

my 1:1/2:1/2.73/5.4 kick asz ... I'd buy this case again in a heart beat.

Mud Snow, 2:1 kicks ... normal 2.73 kicks, want to crawl, 5.4 is way plenty, even with my 400 auto, going down steep.

smokenrocks

I don't know much about Stack, but the Atlas 4spd is real nice. Lighter than Stack,one more gear ratio, plus smooth shifting.

i know atlas is tried and trued for years now.. but i dont care for the reduction box bolted to the end of the tcase. i'd rather have one unit... plus i would lose about 2" more of drive shaft over the stak.. i also agree with jay5.9l the 10:1 ratio would never be used it is just way to low..if i was going with a 2 speed i would probably go with a atlas....thanks for your input

smokenrocks

I really like mine. The one bad thing is it is really heavy and you have to support the back side of the tcase. If you dont you will break the tranny case.

how smooth does the tcase shift???? how long have you had it??? not worried to much about the weight i would order thier support ring bracket for the rear of the tcase...thanks

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
Can you really feel a difference from 2:1 to 2.7?

Yes ... I took 3rd in the Open class at King Challenge ... I ran 2:1 on the Baja, mud pit and tire pit, 2.73 on the logs and the Gauntlet and 5.4 on the rocks.

When in St.George, 2:1 was perfect on their sand dunes (2.73 was too slow/low to get up there big sand hill)

Playing in some early spring snow 2:1 once again was perfered to 2.73.

fergusor

how smooth does the tcase shift???? how long have you had it??? not worried to much about the weight i would order thier support ring bracket for the rear of the tcase...thanks

I've had an atlas and I think it shifts the same for the front and rear hi an low. The shifting for the 3.0 to 5.41 is so smooth and easy on mine. Ive had the case for over year and half. The case isnt much bigger than the atlas II and the output for the front is over about a 1" which took away the problem of the driveline and tranny problem that I had my narrowed axle. With the novak adapter and the stak it gave me better driveline angles and lenghts front and rear. I use the hell out of the 3.0 and 5.41.

smokenrocks

I've had an atlas and I think it shifts the same for the front and rear hi an low. The shifting for the 3.0 to 5.41 is so smooth and easy on mine. Ive had the case for over year and half. The case isnt much bigger than the atlas II and the output for the front is over about a 1" which took away the problem of the driveline and tranny problem that I had my narrowed axle. With the novak adapter and the stak it gave me better driveline angles and lenghts front and rear. I use the hell out of the 3.0 and 5.41.

thanks for the info... i am going to order my new stak 3 speed next week and hopefully i can be wheelin with it in early fall..............